faux soap for carving

Is there a material that would carve well and have the smooth finish of soap, and not be water soluble?

Thanks,

Dan T

Reply to
djtcz

Wax?

Paraffin? (In the sense used in the U.S., petroleum product that is solid and used to make candles, not U.K. usage for a flammable liquid we call "kerosene"). Note that paraffin is technically not a wax, but that is a distinction lost on the general public.

Friendly Plastic? Commercial plastic-like substance which softens and melts in hot water. I don't know anything about its carveability.

Reply to
Mark Thorson

Reply to
Sporkman

[You might consider a carvable wax. You can get a blue machinable wax from
or a green version called Ferris File-a-wax, which is popular with jewelers.]

Andrew Werby

Andrew Werby