How to dispose lithium metal scrap?

My Lab. involves in lithium-ion battery research and constantly generates scraps of lithium metal (stored in a glove-box). Can anyone give me some suggestions of how to safely dispose those scraps of active metal? Or where can I find relevent information?

Reply to
Yung-Jen Lin

Could you sell them on ebay? Are these pure scraps of Lithium metal?

Reply to
aSkeptic

Yes, no shortage of loons on ebay wanting to build bombs.

Reply to
Havirrion

LOL! do not flush down the toilet..

Reply to
aSkeptic

Why not grind it to powder and add it to home made toffee for that extra kick.

Reply to
Havirrion

Check with this company:

They might have a buyer for it, they sell pyrotechnic supplies.-Jitney

Reply to
jitney

Hi,

Did you ever find an outlet for your scrap Li metal? I am very curious because I am also looking for one as my company generates a lot of pure Li metal scrap on a regular basis.

Dplaisted

Reply to
Dplaisted