I need a little help

Hi

I have a manufacturing problem which I hope some of you can give me some input on.

I need to find a simple and/or cheap way of producing a 50x50x5 mm box (1mm wall thickness) which is made of plastic or metal. The box should be open in both ends (the 50x5 mm walls) and there should be an array of tubes going between the two large surface (50x50mm walls). It is very important that the tubes is jointed to these surface so that they are air tight. The tubes should not go out of the box but just making channelse though the box.

Is there a clever way of producing this?

I hope you can follow what I mean, otherwise just ask.

Reply to
Johnny Larsen

Buy a rectangular tube, cut it to 50mm length, drill holes, insert additional tubes, weld.

HTH

Michael Dahms

Reply to
Michael Dahms

Have you investigated rapid prototyping? Other terms to search on include stereolithography (SLA) and fused deposition modeling (FDM).

Reply to
dvt