Insulation for piping

Regardless of cost ( and all factors other than insulating efficiency ) what is the best insulating material/technique for pipes today - oil to be tranported at ~ 200 C.

From my research the best insulated pipe is:

double walled piping + semi vacuum + fiberglass.

Thanks

Reply to
anthonyhelou

I think cork would perform better than fiberglass. Another possibility would be a syntactic foam (a polymer filled with hollow glass microballoons).

And maybe a coating of aluminum paint on the outside.

Reply to
Mark Thorson

I believe that the "best" insulating material for pipes, regardless of cost or other practical considerations, might be double walled vacuum insulated pipes with MLI or Multi Layer Insulation (metallized polymer sheets) in the vacuum portion.

Practical considerations excluded include joining sections, turning corners and long continuous lengths.

Reply to
Jbuch