Insulator stronger than Garolite?

Hi Guys:

I'm working on a project where I'm using small electrical insulators that are under high tension. I'm using Garolite G-9 now, but I am getting dangerously close to its ultimate strength. Is there an insulating material that has superior tensile properties to Garlolite that doesn't cost a fortune? Preferably it would be readily available and machinable. The voltage is very low (< 3V).

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Don

Reply to
eromlignod

Why not drill it and use it in compression instead?

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs