Questions regarding sintering of metals

I hope someone is familiar with sintering processes well enough to explain to me a little about the limitations of sintering. I have a sintered component in my hand that's basically rectangular (consistent thickness) with a slot through the length of the center of the rectangle and one end of the rectangle sort of rounded and with some very sharp little points (edges, actually) on the outside of it. These sharps are not created by post-processing, but in the sintering mold itself. However, there seems to be some limitations that the sintering shop (in Taiwan) has regarding depth and number of the sharps. But between them not speaking English well and me not speaking Chinese (at all) I can't get very much more than "we can't do it" out of 'em. No real idea WHY they can't do it. Anybody willing to strike up a "conversation" on the subject?

TIA Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Charlotte, North Carolina (remove / replace MUNGE elements in my email address if you want to reply directly -- but I'll check back in this newsgroup)

Reply to
Sporkman