Re: Polycarbonate

shurely are there diffrent methods, but what is very strong and which loads? Is there a chence to change the construction? what is about the opticakl properties of teh bonding?

the melting point will be lower than the melting point of the original Material... But nobody can Tell you 184=B0C or so..

nobody knows if there was used regenartete PC for the bottles and nobody = knows haow the bottles was made...

Michael I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature

Reply to
Michael Erwerle

Today I purchased and did some tests with Metheylene Chloride(Dichlormethane) but no success. Using it as a glue did not = work. Then I cut short strips of Polycarbonate and left them in Metheylene Chloride. It is now about 3 hours. There is some gas coming out because everytime I open the lid of the jar I hear the popping sound of the gas coming out. But the strips seem to be intact.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Metheylene Chloride(Dichlormethane is the solvent commonly used for > solvent cementing of polycarbonate. If properly done, it should = produce > a strong bond. > -- > Billy Hiebert > HIEBERT SCULPTURE WORKS > Small Part Injection Molding >
> Webmaster wrote: > > > I need to glue or bond two pieces of polycarbonate forms together. = The

bond

> needs to be very strong since it will carry considerable loads. Is = there
> procedure or a strong gluing or bonding method for this? > > > > Another question, if I want to melt and reuse drink water bottles = made

of

> polycarbonate, how could I do that? What would be the melting point = of

this

> polymer? > > > > > > > >
Reply to
Webmaster

Are you sure that your jars are polycarbonate? Polycarbonate will=20 dissolve in metheylene Chloride, so the test strips should show signs of =

soften> Today I purchased and did some tests with Metheylene

Reply to
Billy Hiebert

Polycarbonate can be carefully welded with a thin stream of heated air. Harbor Freight sells the welder for forty dollars. You'll need a small air compressor, the kind used for air brushes.

Yours,

Doug Goncz, Replikon Research, Seven Corners, VA

The hormones work at different speeds: In a fight-or-flight scenario, glucocorticoids are the ones drawing up blueprints for new aircraft carriers; epinephrine is the one handing out guns.

Reply to
Doug Goncz