Handbook of Hydraulic Resistance - by I. E. Idelʼchik

Hello to all mech. engineers! I'm from Croatia, and I need Handbook of Hydraulic Resistance - by I. E. Idel=CA=BCchik. I am working on my final project and in need for this book. Does anyone have this book in pdf to mail to me? It is to expensive for me to by it since I am still studying.

Reply to
the_mesar

I might scan it for you, however my rates are U$100/hr. Given it's size, isn't it cheaper to buy a personal copy or request an interlibrary loan?

Reply to
me

Book costs 180 $ + tax + customs tax + shipping. I'm in Croatia, Europe... Average monthly salary is 1000 $, and I'm not working. Can you see my problem? :(

Reply to
the_mesar

The book is copyrighted material and I'm a professional who values intellectual property rights. Do you see mine?

If there is a specific page or two that's one thing, asking for a 600+ page book is another.

Reply to
me

So you value intellectual property rights and scan books for money!? Do you work in library and scan books legally?

Reply to
the_mesar

No, you haven't explained exactly what you want to learn from this book. If you had, we might be able to suggest a cheaper alternative, such as Crane Technical Papaer 410 - Flow of Fluids Through Valves, Fittings and Pipes, $36 new from

or can probably be found used even cheaper.

Reply to
Glen Walpert

Since you chose to ignore the non-sarcastic portion of my reply pointing out the proper way to obtain the full text, I'll also withdraw my offer to provide info off a specific page or two for research purposes from my personally owned copy.

Reply to
me

Thank you for the info. I am calculating head loss for water turbine. I need loss coefs. for bends, underwater gates, konfuzors, etc. I am working on my final project, and it has to be a real project. I must work with real numbers. Excuse me once more for my bad english.

Reply to
the_mesar

The point is, if you can not make some money, than you will tell me the intellectual property rights story... So you bought the book and you can sell copies??? And charge it 100 $ / hour? There are nice helping people in the world, someone will help me FREE, like always.

Reply to
the_mesar

As english is not your native language let's try again.

The point is I have the same expectation of making a dime off of this as I do selling you the Brooklyn Bridge. It was a joke, meant to point out the merit of doing this properly. No this does not mean I'm going to scan a

600+ page book and send it to you for free, and my point is you shouldn't expect or even ask someone to do so. It violates the law with respect to the copyright of the material in question.

Now, if you would stop feeling sorry for yourself and ask very specific questions , other than I need loss coefficients for everything in my calculation then folks might actually try to point to sources freely available. For example you haven't even said that you have tried a simple google search on the term "loss coefficients, let alone including the specific components for which you want them. To quote an old saying, "God helps those who help themselves." Present your questions in a form of something more than gimme this for free and you might actually find an answer.

Reply to
me

I'm sorry then, really. Please except my apologies. I heared that this book is no1 for loss coefs. Also I know that many books these days come in pdf format. You can dl them from many sites. If someone has this book in pdf why not to email it if you downloaded it from somewhere. And I am not expecting that someone will scan ''the bible'':) That is the quick solution. The other one is to find someone with the book and time to help me. Where to find someone willing to help and lose their time? Maybe here? Why not. But let's try not to lose time. Let's try the plan A. Now we go with the plan B.

loss coef for 45 degrees bend? pipe diameter = 2,6 m radius = 12 m pipe condition = heavily incrusted with relative roughness 1,5 mm, 100 years old riveted

loss coef for 45 degrees bend? pipe diameter = 2,6 m radius = 6,45 m pipe condition = heavily incrusted with relative roughness 1,5 mm, 100 years old riveted

Also I need loss coefs for trash rack, confuser, sluice gates, intake, steel plate inside penstock... And for all of these I must have copy of the original diagrams or tables. So much work to bother someone. Any solution?

Reply to
the_mesar

Dear the_mesar:

"Darcy Weisbach", and a good number of coefficients for various components

You mean a "bar screen" of some sort? How much loading on it?

You will need to tell us what you mean on this component. Do you mean a grinder, a static mixer, a reducer, or something else?

Much can be had on Wiki, and several .edu websites

Google with this: friction-factor "darcy weisbach" site:.edu

Google with this: friction-factor "darcy weisbach" site:.gov

... in other words, books.google.com is a pretty good resource.

Now if you are presenting this as part of your thesis, you will have to get permissions to reprint any significant portions you include in it. So you might want to be careful how many copyrighted sources you use.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

Reply to
davies lovely III

First link is:

me

I have found the book

, now I only need to learn russian. :( At least I read cyrilics, and the book is just amazing.

I will try to explain one more time. My final project consists of roughly 100 pages with tech. drawings, calculations, diagrams... Just like someone will make it working for some company/factory. Oh, and I need to explain all of the calculations, coefs., diagrams (why, where, when...). When I finish this project ( graduation project ), I will have to stand before faculty commission and answer their questions regarding theory, results, drawings... that I made in the project. If I pass I get my diploma. And there are no worries about copyright, I can copy-paste diagrams, but not full text.

Reply to
the_mesar