HEAT TREATMENT OF TRAIN WHEEL

i need information about railroad wheels manufacturing process and their heat treatment cycle. also i need information about casting process of railroad wheels . is there anyone who can help me? thanks alot

Reply to
student

Try

They have a section on their web site which will give you contacts for technical specifications.

(AAR = Association of American Railroads)

Interestingly, in hte 70's there were many railroad wheels cast with too much carbon in them, causing premature failure. They used to stencil a big black square with either a white or yellow circle on them. I think the white means it was shopped and the wheels replaced, the yellow meant it had the crack susceptible wheels.

Reply to
Matt/Meribeth Pedersen