metallurgy video recommendation

Hi, I teach high school chemistry, and I'm looking for a recommendation for educational videos or documentaries on mining and refining metals. I'm particularly interested in videos which emphasize the chemical reactions, though I'll take other recommendations also. I'm also particularly interested in videos which compare production methods for several different types of metals, rather than just one. Many of the videos which come up with a google search are amateur gold mining videos, which is a rather limited specialty for my purposes.

Dave

Reply to
dave e

You could try the following link, some of the secondary materials might be of use.

David Deuchar

ASM International is a professional organization that many metallurgists belong to. Their website has a bookstore with video tapes.

"bookstore" select "Browse by Format"

I haven't watched it, but "Extractive Metallurgy (Video)" might be of interest.

I have a page of links to metallurgical information at:

Metallurgy, Links to Practical Data

Stephen Powell