Method of overlaying ceramics with the aluminum. - Project no. 965802

Dear Sirs/ Madams

Confidently expecting that you perhaps have the ability to contribute as described, I am sending you a problemdescription from an European company.

In case you have something to offer the company related to the described problem, I would be very pleased to receive information from you that describes very briefly your ability to contribute.

If you need further information don't hesitate to contact me.

In case you are not able to contribute, I would be very pleased if you could inform me about potential references.

I am looking forward receiving your reply as soon as possible, if possible at the latest 06.08.2004.

Yours faithfully Pawel Kubinski Consultant Polish Technology Partnership Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements Al. Jerozolimskie 202 PL-02-486 Warszawa Direct tel: +(48 22) 874 02 46 / 874 02 31 Fax: +(48 22) 874 02 04 E-mail : snipped-for-privacy@piap.pl

Method of overlaying ceramics with the aluminum. - Project no. 965802

Projectdescription

Introduction. European producer of electrical equipment is searching for firm, company, expert, co-operator which has the technology (know-how, machines and equipment) for overlaying aluminum on ceramics surface during production process.

Production process Company is producing voltage-dependent resistors. Ceramics elements are produced from zinc-oxide filled other metals oxides 5-6 g/cm3 consistency. The oxides mixture is forming into proper shape (pellet) and sintering in the kiln. Afterwards varistors should be cleaned and overlaying with aluminum coat. (Such a operation is not accomplished in this company thus outsourced.). Then father montage operations are realized.

Problem The company's counsel is to implement mentioned operation (aluminum overlaying) into production process thus is searching for suitable method including:

  • Surface preparation - achieving recurrence porosity to obtain equal overlaying coat parameters
  • Preparation and overlaying must be completely automatic processes
  • Possible thickness adaptability range from 0.1 to 0.3 mm and tolerance 15%
  • Whole frontal surfaces (on both sides) should be coated by solid clinging layer.
  • After overlaying lateral surface should stay aluminum foulness free.
  • Diameter * 20-60 mm.
  • Thickness 2,5 - 25 mm.
  • Expected yearly production rate is 1 000 000 items per year.

Suitable solutions The company is interested in methods of electric arc spraying, nevertheless open on different alternative solutions under condition of higher efficiency. The company wants a co-operation with a partner, who has the ability to implement a suitable method and production process fulfilling the requirements specified above

Reply to
Marcin