Real Time Temperature Measurement for Blast Furnace

Hey, What would be the Ideal solution for a Dip Thermometer (by Dip I would meant a probe that would be in constant contact with what ever I wanna measure the temperature of in a furnace) as a permanent installation so I can get REAL TIME temperature.

Hmm... this would be for a lead furnace... so I guess 1000 Degrees celcius would be the temperature of operation atleast... :)

And as for accuracy well say 50 degreees offset wouldnt do any harm I presume...

Another solution I could think of was to drill a hole in the furnace wall and get the probe to be close to the furnace insides. I know there would be a certain offset... but what the hell :)

If theres anyother solution let me know. Cause something tells me the DIP would mean that Id be losing the probe even after a sheeth in about a few months.

I know of the hazards of lead, and all trhe legal requirements and stuff and am looking into them as well...

Just wondering what else can I do as a solution for temperature measurement in Real Time???

Thanks in advance,

Regards Taji

Reply to
Tajinder Malhi

Any possibility to measure with infrared?

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

Check out using graphite rod as resistor (non-linear) of covering for thermocouple.

ED

Reply to
Ed