1kg Steel Melting Furnace on eBay

For those of you who might be interested and have not seen this yet, we have a small steel melting induction furnace (1kg capacity, fast melt) in new condition on eBay, item #

200118533367. The unit can be run using household power. Here's the eBay link:

Tim

Reply to
Tim J.

Nice thing to have in the shop, but I'd be very surprised if you get any bids starting at half of new price for an item without any warrantee.

regards Mark Rand (PS, I'm too far away, luckily for my marriage:-)

Reply to
Mark Rand

Looks cool, but it would take the 'rec' out of 'metalworking' pretty quickly for me. If I do any casting it'll be in a flower pot furnace, or something even more primitive:

Tim Wescott

Don't worry Mark, it's only a little one anyway, not a big boys toy

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

My neighbours are all bigger than me and half of the back garden is already workshop. If I had your little setup I'd probably end up put in the crucible :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Especially since it already ran 9 days the first time it was listed, without any bids. Should tell you something. Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I'd sure like to own one.....but too many zeros in the price for nice- to-have.

Wolfgang

Reply to
wfhabicher

Mark, wait till you see the new place ! 5000 sq foot of barns and remote enough to build the cupola as well as set up the induction furnace properly this time (Mind you I'll be off line workshopwise for a couple of years with the renovation work)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Mum! can I go and play round Andrew's house? Mum! Please Mum!

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand