220-440v transformer - Page 2

Threaded View
Re: 220-440v transformer
Sure they will work backwards but the flux leakage will be a tad
higher so derate a little 15 or 20 % .
    ...lew...

Re: 220-440v transformer

Do you have a reference to that?  Always interested in learning something.

Wes

Re: 220-440v transformer
Wes -

Think of transforms - they can be designed in many configurations.

Some have loose windings and others have tight coupling between them.

They can be in I, H, 8 or other configurations.  I have seen single phase
in complex modes that have internal boost/bucking windings to add or subtract.

If a winding is wound over another, the outer winding will have less magnetic
field than the one on the metal itself.

I have a set of 6 transforms in my shop.  I step up and boost the three phases
I generate from a rotary 220 unit.  My transformers are over sized from what
I did as I over engineered it for two machines running full bore.
I use one not two.  And I run 1 or 2 motors not 3 on that one.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com /

Re: 220-440v transformer

The primaries are wound next tothe core with secondaries on top
so reversing the windings will do that.
We are talking about E I laminated cores.
    ...lew...

Re: 220-440v transformer

Ah, I seem to remember that the primary on my Sansui 8080db receiver was the
first winding.  Sure didn't care for having to rewind the darn thing, damn
idiot they moved into my room in the barracks saw a stereo that was
unplugged and just had to plug it in.  Power  transistors were out due to
failure and the leads to them were loose.  D*ckhead managed to fry the
transformer.

Not sure where the First Sergeant transferred this jerk to, hope it sucked.

Wes

Re: 220-440v transformer

http://www.federalpacific.com/university/university.html

Site Timeline