220-440v transformer

Page 2 of 2

Ignoramus23731 wrote:

Sure they will work backwards but the flux leakage will be a tad higher so derate a little 15 or 20 % . ...lew...

Do you have a reference to that? Always interested in learning something.

Wes

Wes -

Think of transforms - they can be designed in many configurations.

Some have loose windings and others have tight coupling between them.

They can be in I, H, 8 or other configurations. I have seen single phase in complex modes that have internal boost/bucking windings to add or subtract.

If a winding is wound over another, the outer winding will have less magnetic field than the one on the metal itself.

I have a set of 6 transforms in my shop. I step up and boost the three phases I generate from a rotary 220 unit. My transformers are over sized from what I did as I over engineered it for two machines running full bore. I use one not two. And I run 1 or 2 motors not 3 on that one.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /

Wes wrote:

Wes wrote:

The primaries are wound next tothe core with secondaries on top so reversing the windings will do that. We are talking about E I laminated cores. ...lew...

Ah, I seem to remember that the primary on my Sansui 8080db receiver was the first winding. Sure didn't care for having to rewind the darn thing, damn idiot they moved into my room in the barracks saw a stereo that was unplugged and just had to plug it in. Power transistors were out due to failure and the leads to them were loose. D*ckhead managed to fry the transformer.

Not sure where the First Sergeant transferred this jerk to, hope it sucked.

Wes

Ignoramus23731 wrote:

http://www.federalpacific.com/university/university.html

Related Threads