Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 452
I need some help with the second and third items this week: Rob
15
15

What do you cann an end cap of a press ram?
I have a press with a ram. It is missing an end cap that goes on the ram. The purpose of this end cap is to prevent ram wear and mushrooming. I have two questions 1) What is it called 2) If I was to...
7
7

CFM spec for compressor - checking?
I have a dry compressor that states on a side sticker: 1.5 HP - 8CFM - max PSI 118, it certainly meets the PSI spec but 8CFM seems perhaps a high figure for the small motor? Can I check this by simply...
2
2

Anyone want a job in New Jersey?
JERSEY SUCKS. Highest taxes in America.
16
16

Moonshine Stills
Anyone ever seen one of these working up in the hills? I've seen plenty = of busted up ones in years past but none in many years. Never saw one = working -- probably a good thing too or I probably...
9
9

More curious electrochemistry
I was unhappy with the depth of my brass etching. Calculations suggested that I should be getting about 0.020" depth for the given current and time but I was getting about 0.006". I thought that the...
6
6

Car tire balancing at home possible?
Is there a way to balance wheels at home without a computer baalancer? I ha= ve seen at harbor freight kits designed for motorcycle tires, bubble balanc= ers and the like. I have heard bubble...
39
39

Threaded Tapers
Hi guys, I've seen pictures of threaded tapers being machined on lathes and was wondering what the hell use they are? I mean, since the diameter of the threaded section is constantly varying, what can...
28
28

Cheap Calipers
Several years ago I picked up a Central Machine (Harbor Fright) caliper. It was and still is good enough for most things. More recently I picked up an 8" dial caliper and a digital one at the same...
4
4

Preventing Galvanic Corrosion?
My utility trailer has a sheet metal floor, but it has rusted through in the 25 years I've had it, so I'm gonna cut it out. I got a good deal on a sheet of 1/4" diamond plate aluminum, so that will be...
6
6

Removing stuck ss screw from aluminum
Hi, everybody. Been out of touch for a few weeks due to rootkit trojan on computer and no time to mess with it, so turned off wireless and let it sit. Just re-staged yesterday. Been building a wooden...
12
12

A makeshift tap wrench?
I ordered a bullet guide for a Saiga rifle and got the drill & tap kit with it. I don't have a drill press, so I can't use one as a manual tap wrench. I plan to hand drill the hole with a cordless...
47
47

Converting a manual hydraulic press to hydraulic pump
We have a very good hydraulic press, it is for sale, but I am itching to sell all other presses and requisition this one for our use. problem is that it is a manual press and we'd like it to be...
10
10

Why hasn't the NRA stepped up and paid the hospital bills of the Colorado shooting victums?
y? How about the freedom to not be shot up by mentally deranged gun nuts? Jon
124
124

What is it? Set 451
A new set has been posted: Rob