Subject Author Posted Replies

New CADCAM Technology Leaders Group On LinkedIn
Thought you hated moderated groups. Tom
2
2

CNC'ing a mini-lathe
I'm currently in the process of turning my HF 93212 7X14 over to computer control. I'm currently controlling the Lead Screw & Cross Slide & may include the compund rest and/or milling attachment. Has...
20
20

What is it? Set 450
Just posted this week's set: Rob
19
19

Ahhhhhhhhh
OK. Only vaguely metalworking related, but not at all political. I left the valves on my oxy-acetelyne rig on for a week a couple of months ago. Aside from the fact that I stupidly wasted a bunch of...
7
7

Update: still not culled!
Hey all. I've been busy lately and I was thinking that I might get some relief from my chores if I was culled. But the cullers continue to be noshows. They seem to be preoccupied scrounging parts for...

OT - Working mans shoes
I visited a Redwing shoe store, today. In the non-steel toe, they have two kind of "working man's sneakers" for about $75 and $85, I should have written the numbers down. By appearance, they look just...
20
20

12" Craftsman chainsaw parts?
Remembers, Sears produces nothing - they buy, and have their name and color scheme put on it instead of the OEM. Find one of the Cross Lists, 315 probably represents Poulan but I'm looking for...
8
8

Bad Gas
Here, we have "household hazardous waste facility" to handle stuff like this for residents of the city. They figure it is better this way than have people use their own methods.
22
22

Obit for Tom Stockton (one of the original and recent Directors of NAMES)
Sad news as another of the great ones passes last week. Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario
2
2

CNC & Robotics Parts Garage Sale
I will be having an awesome garage sale in Temecula, CA on July 27th and July 28th (8am-2pm), selling tons of CNC and robotics equipment (linear rails/bearings, ballscrews, servo and stepper motors...
1
1

Regaining the tarnish on a silver ring (follow up)
Thanks to all for your suggestions!! Here is a followup. The ring has spent the folowing: A couple of days in an egg white/yoke mix. . . no visible change (but the cleaning was 'interesting'). A...
2
2

Eyeglass repair
Yesterday, I noticed that a nose-pad arm had cracked and fallen off my metal framed glasses. I've been DAGs for the last few hours looking for a place to buy nose-pad arms and nose pads with metal...
17
17

Riveting tool
There was a thread here earlier discussing solid rivets and various methods of setting them. I have been using a ball peen hammer but that method has, in my hands, a number of limitations. Before I...
28
28

Will this locating scheme work?
I want to locate a pulley on a shaft. The timing of the pulley is critical. Once the pulley is located on the shaft the timing location will be set. Then the pulley will need to come off and be...
8
8

Cameron Micro Drill Chuck
I recently inherited a Cameron Micro Drill Press Model 164. It has an Albre= cht 0-1/8" Keyless chuck and it works great but I'd like to be able to use = a little larger bits so I think I need a...
16
16