Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Heat wave crosses America
That item in the picture didn't have enough metal content? TinyURL was created! The following URL: 40127159343573&set=a.420831227939833.891 92.420824577940498&type=1&ref=nf has a length of 112...

Aluminum Soldering
(reposted from SED) I want to try soldering some aluminum plate (0.032=94) onto each side of a brass cylinder. When trying to solder aluminum in the past I failed. I think I heard that some Al alloys...
35
35

Help for a woodworker
Here's hoping you metal guys can help a woodworker. I'm building a thickness sander and have a nominal 1 inch cold rolled hollow steel shaft and a nominal 1 inch pillow bearing. Turns out the shaft is...
20
20

What is this rotating welding table?
I bought this table, along with two Fanuc robotic welders and two Lincoln Idealarc DC-400 MIG welders. table rotates around the middle. The table clearly is a welding table. It has a welding cable...
7
7

What happens when GummyBear is required to buy health insurance?
The Supreme Court of the US has ruled that Gunner can be penalized for not buying health insurance. Period.
7
7

Loctite stick advice please
I'm quoting a job that has a stainless 8-32 set screw bonded into a brass part. The exposed threads of the screw and free threads in the brass part cannot have any bonding agent on them. I'm thinking...
6
6

What is it? Set 447
I need some help with the second last one this week: Rob
24
24

Please Help Suport Local & Small Business
Support Small Business When you get there, search for "American Machine". Once "American Machine = & Gear Works" in Wisconsin comes up, please click the "VOTE" button on the = right. It's easy,...

EZ-go fix; followup
Although my wifey claimed the problem came and went periodically, it was solid-bad when I got it. Thank goodness! I popped the cap off the controller box, and could find nothing loose, corroded, or...
24
24

suitable gear material for backgear - SMALL lathe and homemade cutters
Folks, A couple of questions if you don't mind... Scenario - I'm building some backgears for a Taig lathe (small lathe the size of a sherline - chuck is nominally 2.5-3" in diameter) and will be...
4
4

Fine copper "bullion" (read "bulls&^%") bars?
I just took apart a big electrical panel, extracting 194 lbs of copper buss bars. I also have a modest quantity of solid copper spot welder parts. Vaguely recalling something, I performed an ebay...
35
35

Mouldable plastic that will be hard-wearing?
I may have to make an internally-splined sleeve to fit a shaft. Is there a plastic that I can pour around the shaft so it has the splines where it needs them; I can then turn the outside to fit....
5
5

Lake water pumping
The county put city water and sewers in a few years ago at my other place. I still have pumps that I used for well water that I've tried using to pump lake water to water the gardens and lawns. My...
22
22

EZ-go electric cart question
My wife is about to kill me. We have an '03 36V electric EZ-Go for her excursions around the property. It's developed a "no climb" problem. With the throttle down, the cart goes about 1/4 speed on...
20
20

Does cut angle matter (odd take-apart joint)
I am going to cut a bicycle frame in two. The frame has a spar main section of a taller-vertically rectangle with half-rounds on the top and bottom; this is place for the cut. I'll make a matching...
3
3