Subject Author Posted Replies

EZ-go electric cart question
My wife is about to kill me. We have an '03 36V electric EZ-Go for her excursions around the property. It's developed a "no climb" problem. With the throttle down, the cart goes about 1/4 speed on...
20
20

Does cut angle matter (odd take-apart joint)
I am going to cut a bicycle frame in two. The frame has a spar main section of a taller-vertically rectangle with half-rounds on the top and bottom; this is place for the cut. I'll make a matching...
3
3

Are electric cars more energy efficient?
I was thinking about electric cars today. An internal combustion car, burns fuel inside cylinders and produces energy according to Carnot cycle. Say, it makes 28% of energy from the total BTU of fuel...
104
104

Vehicle battery question
You only need one to drive it out. Fat chance getting a dried out battery back to life.
22
22

Seattle sights?
What interesting plant tours, museums, and shops exist in the metalworking line in Seattle? I recall there was a Boeing plant tour; very impressive for scale but not much resembling a home workshop....
1
1

T-Slot Plate
I recently picked up a little CNC router. Its got decent (not perfect, but decent) ballscrews and decent linear rails. I am taking apart the stuff I don't like, upgrading the motors, spindle,...
12
12

Scrap cutting torches
We find ourselves cutting a fair amount of scrap stuff, thick and thin, small and big. Things like this, for example: am looking for some opinions as to what is the most perfect gas cutting rig, from...
9
9

Bandsawing problem
The saw is a horizontal band saw using a 3/4 blade. The problem is new and is not related to blade pitch or to a particular blade. When sawing 5" diameter aluminum the cut is square for about a third...
11
11

Stainless bird feeder
Well actually the bird feeder hangers. I made a couple bird feeder hangers from 3/8 SS rod. They bolt to the deck posts and extend vertically up about 3 feet and then about 10 inches horizontally out....

Small VFD sources (USA)
Is automationdirect still the best bang for the overall functional buck in small VFDs? I'm fairly sure I heard of them here first from a happy customer. I have a 3/4 Hp 3 phase motor and need a 1-in-3...
1
1

FA: 4" Northfield 3 Jaw Precision Air Chuck for Hardinge HC Lathe
Nice, complete, pulled off a Hardinge HC chucker lathe. Easy install, nice = precision chuck, complete with all fittings, solenoid valves, and nice Herc= ules foot switch. Ready to install and go to...
21
21

Help with milling 1/8" diameter brass pieces
I've been a locksmith for 40 years now, and I usually work out my own solut= ions, but this time I could use some help figuring out a better one. I need to modify several thousand "finger pins" so I...
11
11

Stapling question
The striker is shaped to fit the top of the staple. If you can get another striker to install in the air stapler, that should work. However trying to drive the flat-topped staples with a striker...
1
1

Crown Stoves - Repair Parts
I have a big old 6-burner Crown (model H3005702 845-242KG0E-10) natural gas stove that my wife just loves, but is in need of some repair. Specifically, the spark igniters are not firing on all...
20
20

What do you think of Holder's comment?
Holder said that if he testified about "Fast and Furious" that it would cause a "Constitutional Crisis". I may be wrong, but I thought that a constitutional crisis was when one of the three branches...
10
10