Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 446
A new set has been posted on the web site: Rob
30
30

Crack in air tank
I have a 30 gallon Dayton tank, about 25 years old. It developed a crack right next to where a leg is welded on. The tank had the failure early in it's life at about 5 years old. It's been sitting...
14
14

Flood damage update
We now have a new wood floor in the living room and hall! Bare foot walking is still hazardous in the kitchen but new floor tile should be installed there next week. Dad & Trish

"Job openings plunge by most in nearly four years"
>> And there are 8,245,105 more people in the US. Why don't you look at the number EMPLOYED?: Here's private nonfarm employment: 's total government employment: You mean, private employment has gone...
17
17

R2E4 top-end rebuild redux
Done! It was not fearsome, just took a while. About $800 worth of parts, including a new motor shaft. It's so quiet now, at 1500rpm, I can hold a normal conversation 4' from the spindle without...
5
5

The Millrite gets a new X-Axis power feed
My US Burke Millrite model MVI vertical mill (resembles a Bridgeport, but 2/3 the size) came with a X-Axis power feed, an Asong AS-250. This unit never really worked correctly, and kept on blowing...
3
3

Close up of cutting steel
with mild steel and a 30 degree rake on HSS Some it is producing an ugly finish ... http://www.wimp.com/cuttingsteel/
2
2

The CAD Multi-Core Processor Problem
Same thing happened with ram decades ago. So they invented paged ram (expanded). Soon someone will make paged cpu usage. but does it really matter? It's one chip plugged into one bus. It can only do...
59
59

Physics question (boiling in a vacuum)
I used mineral spirts to clean out my truck ac system. (flush) as well as follwed that with brake cleaner and then dry compressed air. (all I had availabnle) Question. If any trace mineral spirits...
25
25

Craftsman Shredder/bagger?
You're never going to keep them "Scary Sharp" for long, but they should have a little edge to them, just like your lawnmower. Cutting is always going to be more efficient than beating the branches...
6
6

Joining brass and steel
A project of mine in the contemplative stage will probably require joining a piece of brass to a piece of steel (about 1/2" thickness each). Both will then be exposed to the elements. At this point...
15
15

Battery Powered Impact Wrench?
My son has been wanting a battery powered impact wrench (hence the subject line). He'd prefer one with Li-ion battery pack - this is for removing lug nuts from his cars, as well as other things. He...
24
24

Propane tanks
I heard that Clorox works. I am sure that a good fire will also kill that smell. i
8
8

Scrap alert
An old 11 kVa spotwelder is worth $500 in scrap. i
4
4

Chain saw brakes!
I've been using chainsaws with the chain brakes for years. Ther're quite useful for safety reasons. I actuate the brake whenever I'm not sawing. But until a couple days ago I had never experienced a...
4
4