Subject Author Posted Replies

OT my real job
I made the front page of the local paper this week, thought I'd gloat a bit. If you click on the thumbnail, you can see how old and fat I really am. metal content. that red table was a welding table...
40
40

Series I CNC head rebuild
I am in the middle of a top-end rebuild on my R2E4. It was making excessive noise, and it turns out that a pulley bushing failed, galling the motor shaft, and chipping out the key slot in the pulley....
11
11

Snow drill press - What to do?
At auction last weekend, ended up with a Snow 2-UD drill press. This is not much bigger than a regular DP, except much heavier. Has coolant pump and pneumatic table. I'm probably going to clean it up...
5
5

How to cut tungsten/rhenium wire
I have some tungsten/rhenium wire. 20% rhenium. 0.020 inches thick (0.5mm) I want to sell it by the foot. It is rather hard and I want some creative ideas on how to cut it without ruining the cutting...
23
23

OT data recovery
We had a 'puter crash :( and lost a day's sales records and, more imprtantly, payroll data. I'm mounting the HD in a USB portable unit and putting in the freezer, hoping to get one last spin. If that...
26
26

Mitutoyo microscope docs?
I scored a cool toolmakers microscope last weekend, Mitutoyo TM111. Exc condition, complete etc. I'd like to pull the lenses and clear some dust specks, but I'm not sure how it comes apart. I have...
2
2

CNCs Speed Machining Processes
With sympathy and understanding for my friends at SME and _Manufacturing Engineering_, I think somebody was burned out when they wrote the cover headline for the current issue: think that "CNCs Speed...
1
1

Gun Reamer?
How does one use a gun reamer? the end has no lead in chamfer. Ebay Item number: 200759361238 Remove 333 to reply. Randy
4
4

What is it? Set 445
Just posted a new set on the web site: Rob
22
22

For Sale Nashua #3 Arbor Press
Anyone in SoCal interested in a Nashua #3 arbor press? A friend of mine is= getting rid of it and it is basically best offer. She needs it gone withi= n the next week. Drop me a line at if you are...

How to tell Nickel 99 from Nickel 55
I have made an acquisition today from a local company. - Gorton Mastermil milling machine - One pallet of welding rod - Three Troyke rotary tables 21 inch or so. On the pallet of welding rod, there is...
9
9

Chip formation up close
Slow motion of what happens in the cut. Different coatings, different materials.

Making chips - Close up
Regards, Boris Mohar Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things) _-void-_ in the obvious place
7
7

Reducing a 5/8" shaft
Not knowing what "junk" you have available... What about a piece of rubber hose or beverage tubing with a 5/8" id fitted to the sht shaft & held tight with a clamp. Then find something that will fit...
36
36

Huge T-slotted table
I am guessing it is 3x12 feet, I have not seen it yet. am wondering, how much do those weigh and are they still used industrially. i http://www.premierarg.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000022218