Subject Author Posted Replies

Stainless - Never Seize - Nylock
Ok... I have an application where I need to pull to items together, and use a locking nut/bolt combination. Because of the location it needs to be stainless. So far my attempts have met with limited...
4
4

Sullivan starter got glow plug engines
Just found this on the Goodwill auction web site. Some of you model engine makers may be interested. Online Marketplace for Goodwill thrift stores

SpaceX - Can the Pepsi Cola Space Platform be far Behind?
SpaceX - Can the Pepsi Cola Space Platform be far Behind? Space X just docked the first recoverable private cargo capsule with the International Space Station. Space is going private. Is that a good...
4
4

And we're no longer "lost in space"
SpaceX DID IT! LLoyd
5
5

OT: Spacex Dragon docking with ISS
For those interested, the SpaceX Dragon will be docking with the ISS in about an hour (they said about 10:40 EDT, but it's only an estimate). For the space junkies among us, this is a Big Deal. For...
1
1

Heat pump refrigerant change to R-22 substitute
Is it a good or bad idea to change over to one of the new refrigerants that claim lower head pressure, cooler air and substantially reduced electricity usage?
29
29

Bending 1/8 inch thick 7075-T6 aluminum
Hey all: I'm wondering what it will take to put a 2-3 inch curve in a 21 to 24- inch wide sheet if 1/8 inch thick 7075-T6 aluminum. I ask because I run a business making stage weapons out of 1/4 inch...
23
23

shop press
Looks very nice, Karl. Nice clean shop, too. Pete Keillor
14
14

What is it? Set 442
This week's set has been posted: Rob
23
23

CNC routing plastics - eye irritant?
I've been playing with my little home brew CNC router cutting some plastic enclosures and have noticed my eyes are a little sore/gritty afterwards. I think the enclosures I've been machining are...
7
7

Zero On topic out of 11
Subject says it all. Why not start your own newsgroup, "alt.politics"? And no, I don't know or care about filtering and don't think I should have to. Pete Stanaitis ---------------
13
13

video of tiny 12 cylinder diesel
Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it: Regards, Carl Ijames http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine
6
6

Rivets
I thought I would try to rivet some of my pieces. Efforts to make my own small (1/8") rivets were somewhat indifferent. Getting mild steel rivets here is a bit of a problem but someone kindly sent me...
43
43

Aircraft Carrier Catapult
I've always wondered how the slit in the steam launch tube was sealed around the sliding yoke that the shuttle is attached to. I finally found out. It's on page 4-16. Very clever. Art
2
2

Paralleling phase converters?
I have read here that some folks use more than one phase converter in their shops and just turn on more converters as the load increases. Are these rotary converters connected in parallel? If so, is...
16
16