4mm - 5/32 Fitting on Spindle Nose

I have noticed some small water cooled 3ph spindles have a push fit tube fitting near the spindle nose. 5/32 tube will slide in and lock just fine. What exactly is it for?

Its not part of the spindle liquid cooling system. There are two fittings on the back of the spindle for those hoses, and they are larger. Just the same as any other 3ph all in one liquid cooled spindle.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in news:ngdq7t$cgf$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Let me know when you find out, Bob. That's interesting. It almost seems like they might want some air pressure there (maybe to keep stuff out of the bearings, to begin with?)

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh