Subject Author Posted Replies

What can I do about this?
I bought a grounding bar and everything seems to be working as planned. Thanks for the insite! One thing thay bothers me that I am praying is not a problem. During the pulling process, some of my wire...
3
3

Pseudo-cad?
Awl -- Suppose I have a box, a 6" cube, made from 6 pcs of 1/4" alum, butt-jointed together. No big problem, altho depending on the exact connections, all 6 pcs may not be identical. OK, now suppose...
10
10

military brass
I'm mostly posting to say thanks to Gunner, Tom, and Don. "The Kid" and I just finished reloading 1000 rounds 9mm. It went smooth as silk once we learned the trick to chamfer the primer ring on...
18
18

788 Rem reveries
Measured some 222 and my 6mm. Diameters of both size receivers are 1.325" (or so). Bolt body length is 5.165 for 222 and 5.480 for 6mm. Bolt diameters are the same at .700 I found that the Canjar...

Save the 3 Seals
Navy Seals are up on charges for "assualting" a tango who was responsible for the deaths of at least 4 people. The poor baby had a fat lip. Really. Join the growing crowd on Facebook and stand your...
1
1

Emerson Electric
One of the country's most important industrial companies says the United States is not a good place to manufacture and it will continue moving its assets offshore. The federal government is "doing...
58
58

9 volt battery hack on youtube
Been a while, but I did see a "battery hack" done on Youtube. The video creator takes apart a 9 volt transistor battery which reveals four quad A (AAAA) batteries. Those are then used to power AAA...
3
3

Where's TMT?
I haven't seen TMT posting lately about the President he helped elect doing what he would have been posting about if GW did it... the plan to send more troops to fight the war on terrorism. The...
6
6

Ping: Iggy
Say..can you set up a single directory that I can upload ebooks into? I dont mind sending a bunch of them via hi-speed broadband. Gunner "Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone. I...
2
2

PING: Gunner
Do you have a high-speed mandrel? Ideally, 10-15k rpm. Something I can drive with a flat belt and attach a cut-off wheel. The one I have spun a Barden bearing and ate-up the cast iron.
2
2

Non-detergent kerosene?
It was suggested that I clean my skungy windows with a diluted solution of this. Just some in some warm water. The guy swears by it. Is this what they have at HD? Any difference between non-detergent...
10
10

Shop lights with radiant heater
They have shop lights with built in radiant heaters at Costco. Karl

Lathe purchase advice sought
I need a lathe with a little larger capacity than the Sherline that I've been using for a while, but don't have very much of a budget for buying a replacement. Several months' worth of patient...
59
59

Ok to make a panel knockout bigger?
I am removing my #4 romex feeding my sub panel due to suggestions on here. When I removed the main panel end, I discovered the knockout in only one inch and I planned on installing 1 1/4 inch conduit....
17
17

Isolating neutral bus from ground bus
I was looking at my sub panel beside my main panel. (It is about 2 feet away and was added a few years ago because of lack of space in main panel). I believe I read that the netral and ground busses...
14
14