Subject Author Posted Replies

Better sales: Black Friday or January?
Awl -- I'd guess January would have the better sales, but don't know for sure. I'd guess the second week of January would be even better, from all the returns, etc. I'm thinking along the lines of...
3
3

Modulation-Assisted Drilling
To All: Jim Rowe ( sent me this. Pretty trick idea, if it works as advertised. Although I don't know just how it deals with a rotating turret without the lines getting tangled up. Be sure to check out...
3
3

How to Change a VW Belt
To All: I'm sorry, I thought this was so funny I couldn't resist posting it.
18
18

Involute gear ratios?
In the explanations (W.O.Davis, for constant angular velocity, appeal is made to a smooth belt coming off the base circle of one gear wheel and being pulled onto the base circle of the second gear...
5
5

Machinery Actions soon!
ENTEGRIS, INC. 3500 Lyman Blvd. and 312 Lake Hazetine Dr. in Chaska, Minnesota 55318 OF MAYVILLE, INC. 7055 Caindale Drive in Greensboro, NC 27409 ?FileName=Metalcraft-Day_1-Website_Copy.pdf ALLEN...

Hurco monitor
My older CNC mill uses a 9" monochrome composite monitor. It's usable, but fades a bit after being on for an hour or two. Anyone know of a source for a generic, LCD, composite input signal, display of...
8
8

What do I need?
I want to make a hoist, and add some muscle to things I don't want to muscle. Like a tilt dump trailer. Places where a long ram cylinder would be the answer, but without all the pieces and parts....
6
6

My electrical panel gloat and a visitor
Explore deserttraveler’s 12 photos on Flickr!
5
5

Should I move to Idaho?
California is dying as an industrial power. It at one time was the 7th largest economy in the world. No longer. Its the #3 hardest hit state in the looming Great Depression Part Deux, only behind...
241
241

Shock Absorbers
I asked this question once before moths ago, but didn't get the answer I wanted -- so now I'll try again and see if anything has changed. I have a scissor-action gate, a great big heavy thing. It's...
15
15

light tracker video
i posted a question to the microhydro group asking if there is such a thing as a solar tracker that just reflects sunlight into north facing windows (for light and a little added heat). someone said...
3
3

OT Sneaky Ebay practice
I think some one on Ebay is using a sneaky practice to get the maximum price. But I do not know how to prove it. I bid on an item and only one other person bid on the same item. And they bid more than...
5
5

Welding machine for sale
eBay Mobile
3
3

Got a spare puter? Try Mint 7 Linux
I tend to putter around with Linux and in fact the box Im running has a "dual boot" setup with XP and Mint 7 Linux If you have a spare box collecting dust..you may wish to download and install Mint 7...
20
20

Ping: Jon Anderson
Package arrived today. All is well. Will ship yours out by Monday at the latest. Cool Stuff Thanks Gunner