Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping: Jon Anderson
Package arrived today. All is well. Will ship yours out by Monday at the latest. Cool Stuff Thanks Gunner

recycled propane tank oversized derby hat
don't think i've showed this to you guys before, did i? i started this months ago, and haven't worked on it for months. i was holding out till i had it finished and installed before posting a picture...
7
7

Decimal to Fraction Conversion - and Letter- and Number drill bits
Hi all - In a brief period of boredom we wrote a small application to convert decimal values to fractions. (If anybody wants a copy, email me at carla dot fong at verizon dot net. The 'reply to' on...
31
31

Temperature and digital calipers
I have three sets of cheap digital calipers bought in Canadian Tire. The have all been working fine and agree with a micrometer to within 0.001". Two weeks ago I tried to use the one I keep in the...
27
27

Interesting
This one-of-a-kind French "automobile" is driven by a propeller bolted directly to a 4 cyl. air-cooled engine.
78
78

Free lathe if you pick up
I'm removing an old lathe and before I scrap it I'd give it away. It's late 19th century, has a Reeves three phase drive and babbitted bearings. We used it for rough work and grinding. It won't make...
29
29

Video - This is how we drill semi-deep holes on close C-C
Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: Spindle Drills: Tapping: Site:

Moldable Iron Powder
A long-term back-burner project just got my attention when I found out that Home Depot sells magnetic paint. The project is a levitating globe thingie, designed as a control systems trainer that lets...
31
31

OT for computer geeks
My computer fried Thursday. The power supply went bonkers and fried the mother board, or that's what my computer guy said. Bear with me, and explain a couple of things if you know them. Can I have the...
22
22

Welding on a fuel tank (jerry can)
I would like to convert a 5 gallon steel jerry can into a fuel tank to hold diesel fuel. To that end, I will need to add three fittings to it (fuel intake with tube almost to the bottom, fuel return,...
27
27

Recalescence and Curie Point
For a delightful demo of Curie point of steel see: wonder, which steel has the highest energy of recalscence, and does recalescence occur at the Curie point? Steel when heated to fully anneal will...

Reciprocating saw performance
What is the reasonable maximum cutting capacity of a reciprocating saw in mild steel? What is the incremental benefit of going from 11 Amps to 12 Amps to 15 Amps? Apparently Milwaukee make recip saw...
12
12

Reloading - brass jammed in sizing die
Started playing with my Dillon 550 reloader after the ball game today... The second brass casing I pushed in to the sizing die went in real hard. On the down stroke it stripped out of the shell plate...
7
7

ER25 collet arbor with galled taper
I recently bought a used ER25 collet set and 1" diameter straight-shank arbor, aside from missing a few of the larger collets, it seems to be in good condition. The long taper in the arbor was galled,...
2
2

Workpiece larger than machine tool
A casting for a conventional design of 1/2 ton capacity arbor press was machined 1/8 inch on a 2 x 10 inch side for a metal removal of less than 2.5 cu in. An open work envelope was configured on a...
8
8