Subject Author Posted Replies

A day in the shop
Spent part of today mudding and taping seams in the drywall. I'm getting close to having my shop ready for winter metalworking. 60F is way warm when you are moving around and climbing up and down....
17
17

What is awesome in German?
Just got a text from my kid "What is awesome in German?" Numerous smart-ass answers leaped to mind, including "idiomatic", "Anne- Sophie Mutter", "Katerina Witt", etc. But I thought perhaps he meant...
94
94

Hadron Collider back online
58
58

repair "gloat"(?)
i suspect this post is of no value to anyone, just more or less a "gloat", and mine's not nearly as good as some of you other guy's gloats. :( march of '07 i won an 18 volt cordless drill from...
11
11

Stuart Victoria Meyer Expansion Valve Drive
Finally got the Meyer Expansion valve drive working on the Victoria Short video to show the valve drive gear in operation. I'm turning the engine by hand in this shot hence the jerky motion. I could...
3
3

MIG Welder Costs?
I bought a Clarke 190EN gas/gasless MIG welder. How big a difference does it make to use it with gas? How does one go about getting gas and how much does it cost? Any comments appreciated! GMS
4
4

welder advice
aloha metalheads, long time no see... my friend wants to know what to buy (more or less) and I thought I'd come here and do some asking for him. this is what he wrote me : " I find myself being polite...
3
3

WWII era Submarine Training Manual Link
Hi all, I had some time to blow this afternoon, and went surfing Wikipedia... and ended up at the periscope entry. 'External Links' that go with this entry contain this fascinating link to online WWII...
3
3

GeissWein DuoMax II metal finisher?
Ive got one...what the hell does it do? and how does it do it? Thanks And does anyone wish to buy it? Gunner "Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone. I think our dog is a Democrat,...

FS-300 amp MIG
Ive got more migs than I can use..and this Airco PhaseAre 350..a full 300 Amp! Mig..is 3 phase. Its a georgious machine and runs very very well. I built a cart, big tires yada yada..Ill even include a...

FS-Clausing 8540
Im getting ready to start a rebuild on that 40 Taper Larios Horizontal mill Ive got out in storage..and will be replacing a Clausing 8540 with it. So...sigh..the 8540 has to go. Anyone want a nice,...
10
10

shooting for the new world's record "maxed-out truck overload"
got my new frontier (v6, not the 4) incidental images: think the frontier's "rated" payload is in the 950 lb range somewhere. hell, my old mazda B2000 four-banger had a 1400 lb plus payload. LET'S GET...
13
13

Brass Name Plates
Where can I find the shiny little brass plates that trophy shops glue to plaques and trophies? I looked at some of the my regular metal vendors, and they are stupid expensive for brass sheet and I...
6
6

Letting the cat out of the bag (cathead or spider)
After being a onlooker to some crude alignment needed to drill out some bulging in a bore, I'd like to find out how to build a cathead / spider to hold and align the end of a barrel so it's running...

Shooting range/where I live
I was emailing a gent about the range he recently joined..showing me pictures of a VERY nice range in Minn..and I realized why I get the willies whenever Im in the East and Midwest. These are random...
7
7