Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Ring Illuminators
Found these while browsing. Someone in here needed or built one. No relation to seller. Watch word wrap. eBay Mobile
1
1

Getting Machinery out of a Basement (pics)
We just moved from Midland, Michigan to Georgetown, Texas. I had a lot of stuff in the basement in Midland which had to come out. I'm a long way from having a shop set back up, but at least the number...
19
19

Bimetalic domes
As used in thermal switches. Instead of in form of a bimetal strip and continuous curving with temperature, these are 0.5 inch diameter and make a definite flip from concave to convex at a specific...
43
43

(pix) How to move a 700 lb drill press to the basement without extra help
Slightly crazy. This is my new DP. I did not like the Delta and sold it back. At least I did not lose $$. The new drill press is Powermatic 1200, with MT3 spindle and 1 HP 1140RPM motor. This is...
16
16

Lathe question
Okay, I asked here before, but it has been about 6-7 years. Don't remember the replies. Have a 13" LeBlonde lathe. 1947 vintage. 1 HP, 3 phase. Running it on true 3 phase power. Maximum RPM is 500....
15
15

fa: real metal stuff - 14 inch dial bore gauge
nice dial bore gauge - 99 cent starting bid. eBay Mobile

OT - 2 "interesting" stories
7
7

Trust but verify (metalworking not political)
I'm trying to repair a loader for a machining cell. A shaft that drives the loader between machines is highly fubared. 25mm shaft that is now 22mm where one of the bearings ride. No wonder we were...
5
5

Cincinnati Shaper Serial Number
Just wondering if anyone might be able to help with the age of a Cincinnati 20" Standard Shaper serial # 17360 Just got it home and unloaded and would like to know when it was made. Thanks, Mark
1
1

oT: anyone want a couple of F-18 posters?
cleaning up stuff I don't need - two posters, 1 is 17 inches wide, the other 22 (height is greater than width) - these are promotional posters with Northup, Boeing, etc logos on them, nice photos of...

OT-45% tax rate on dividends in 2011
Buried in Nancy Pelosi's health-care bill is a provision that will partially repeal tax indexing for inflation, meaning that as their earnings rise over a lifetime these youngsters can look forward to...
13
13

OT-Building Collapse
A more complete set of photos of this June's Shanghai building collapse and diagrams explaining what happened and why. title: "Strength of Materials When There Isn't Enough." Jeff
3
3

Coax and telephone question
Do you know anythign abotu how far telephone and coax can be ran? I have two options. 1st, run another conduit down the outside wall of the garage beside the one I will run for power and bring both...
10
10

The WCS
"The WCS can be difficult to wrap your head around" He still does not quite get it ... "You're moving the view to the part." "The WCS you choose for a machining operation must represent how the part...
3
3

Subpanel bonding (3-phase mains) question
Is it never allowed (US National Electrical Code) to bond the ground bus bar to the neutral bus bar? I opened a subpanel and found that both the ground bus bar and cabinet were bonded to the neutral...
12
12