Subject Author Posted Replies

Another Hi-Lo Oooops
Not strictly metal working, but certainly industrial safety related. 're fired!!! Dave ItemFix - Social Video Factory
8
8

14" pedestal grinder
Someone near me is advertising a 14" pedestal grinder. It is similar in construction (but not brand) to this grinder. In other words, it is huge, 5 to 7.5 HP depending on wheel width. While the size...
10
10

(Way OT) Wag of the Finger: AT&T GoPhone
Got one of those pay-as-you-go plans from AT&T. You can choose to 'refill' in 30 day, 90 day etc. increments. Today is November 1, 2009. A '90 day' 'refill' pushed the 'airtime expiration date' from...
4
4

#OT# San Francisco Bay bridge
From the news reports it appears that the major cause for the delay in repairs of the San Francisco Bay Bridge is a lack of the required steel. Is this what we have managed to accomplish with the...
19
19

Rotary saw blade kerf
I need to cut several small pieces of aluminum .1" thick on a small variable speed table saw. Don't know which aluminum alloy it is and the only saw blade particulars I have are the number of teeth...

Give away - Iomega Zip drive
Not sue if I posted this before, but I have a Iomega Zip drive and a couple disks to give away. First one to holler can have it for shipping.
22
22

OT more than virus protection
To wet to work outside, too early for shop season. So, both office computers were just crawling. I put in new hard drives, reinstalled OS and software, moved data from old drive. Now machines scream...
27
27

suggestions on how to cut a steel belted automobile tire
just wondering, brainstorming, any ideas on how to cut through the steel belts of an automobile tire? simple, easy, fast? i'd think trying to saw through it with a bandsaw wouldn't work very well,...
17
17

Total War!
Buy the domain name Break.com and launch your business with a premium domain and a high quality logo.

actually metal related - last chance for the Gallmeyer and Livingston Universal grinder - any offers?
Weds, my friend will take this quite complete, not rusty, and probably fully functional machine to the scrap dealer - this is very sad - it's in the SanFernando valley (that's California for you folks...
18
18

ex-propane tank jack o'lantern
something i made. weak metalworking content. '
5
5

Ping: Dave
For some reason Thunderbird randomly refuses to send my replies to the group. Regarding the bolts, I'm pretty sure I got som socket head cap screws that size. I'll let you know Monday, and send them...
1
1

Interesting proposal
HR 615 On Tuesday, the Senate health committee voted 12-11 in favor of a two-page amendment, courtesy of Republican Tom Coburn which would require all Members of Congress and their staff members to...
2
2

Are there many treaters?
Last year I got about 50, and it was pretty even between boys and girls. By 7:15 tonight, 18 boys and 8 girls. Maybe everyone's worried about the flu? Glad I didn't buy a lot of candy.
12
12

Turning common pipe
How can I turn 1.5" pipe and get a decent finish. Need to make a sleeve for a golf cart clutch and 1.5" pipe is close to the finished size. I'd rather not have to bore a 1.62 hole in solid stock if I...
9
9