Subject Author Posted Replies

Another tool gloat!
Iggy's gonna put me on his shit list if I keep this up.... Scored a genuine Hardinge Cataract bench lathe today for... $100! It's got surface rust bad enough it'll probably never clean up to showroom...
16
16

FS -- Miller Syncrowave 300 -- West Chucagoland
Older type Syncrowave 300, single phase, with TIG torch but no cooler. I will throw in a ground cable with clamp. The price is not advertised, but very good, and less than I will likely get elsewhere....

Stinger hitch?
Looking at a post from a different group, someone suggested the following a way of hauling heavier loads. Basically a following axel after your drive axel, and the hitch is a few inches behind that....
4
4

Who'd a thunk it?
$60 billion in fraud in the Medicare program, and "news" program 60 minutes reported on it. What is this country coming to? Steve
19
19

New Kinda Drill Bit
Or maybe an old one. At any rate, it cuts clean little holes in balsa wood, which is no mean trick (try it with a twist drill sometime). I did experience some break-through on the back side, but then...
4
4

keyway broaching: ram the broach in with the car?
my new e-bay buy, a 3/32nds keyway broach, will arrive soon. talk about excited ;-) 3/32 A KEYWAY #22202 - eBay (item 160370977303 end time Oct-25-09 18:54:27 PDT) still need the collar, of course....
4
4

Appraisal guidelines
A while back, someone posted a few suggestions for appraising a collection, as in Joe Schmoe's widow wants to get rid of the closet full of guns her husband shot and hunted with. I did something like...
10
10

RogerN -- making money from metalworking at home
Roger, if you need to make $200 per month to cover the 30x50' shop, it should be very easy to do by reselling industrial equipment and doing minimal repairs thereto. As to making money from being a...
2
2

Starting a home shop?
I had a 30X50 building at my previous residence but have no shop building at my current residence. I have a good bit of machinery for a home shop, 2 manual mills, 1 CNC Bridgeport mill, 1 manual...
34
34

L-bushing taper angle
Does anyone here know the angle of the taper in a split taper lock L- bushing as used in sheaves and pulleys...
5
5

Running ditch for conduit
I am running a ditch about 200 feet from my house to run power to my building. I see no way from making turns because I have to avoid septic tank, etc. I will use pvc. Is it best to run gently turns...
12
12

Hanging drywall
What would be the best way to hang drywall on a 30 feet long by 10 feet high wall? I bought a book and it says to have as few seems as possible but it also says to avoid butt joints. I can buy 4x12...
5
5

Delta DP350 Power Switch - Small Saga
I bought a Delta DP350 drill press in April 2005, and have used it ever since. A few weeks ago, the switch failed, and one could no longer turn the drill press on. The problem was mechanical and...
28
28

short movie with macro closeups: anybody recognize this manufacturers SYMBOL? (true metalworking)
I have this weird symbol on my mig feed rolls (and on the feed roll gears, too, for that matter). I'd sure like to know what COMPANY this symbol is associated with... as the company that made my...
4
4

Pictures of my Delta drill press
This is a new (to me) Delta 17-900 drill press, with a big cross slide table and a big quick-close drill vise. Delta Drill Press
3
3