Subject Author Posted Replies

Unscrewed my micrometer thimble too far !!
Mitutoyo 293 series - how do I get the spindle past the lock/nut ratchet ?? thanks
1
1

Anyone need Omega D2 enlargers?
Ive got a pair of working, good condition Omega D2 (up to 4x5 negative) enlargers in my way. Swap, trade? Gunner "Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt...
1
1

Anvil launching
I am mainly a lurker here, but I could not think of anything more appropriate for this group. Buy the domain name Break.com and launch your business with a premium domain and a high quality logo.
22
22

Clearance on shear blades?
We have an old 8 ft shear. Bersch is name on nameplate and when i last tried to find any info i found nothing. I'm wondering about setting the clearance for the blade. Its worked fine in the 3 years...
13
13

Treatment of minor wounds
Let's say that I have a minor wound, such as a cut finger with some fair amount of bleeding, maybe a small piece of skin removed etc. What is the scientifically correct way to treat it. Use hydrogen...
47
47

Turbine HVLP systems?
Just saw this -- turbine HVLP? What the heck is this all about? I have an HVLP gun that I use with a compressor but never heard of a turbine. Can someone give me the lowdown on it? Plus positives and...
9
9

muddin' in a base
We're having a record cold and wet October. 15 day forecast is for more of the same. I need to dig two trenches fifty feet long by about eight inch deep in loose soil - err mud. The backhoe can ruff...
5
5

FS_Bridgeport Right angle head
cosmetics, it appears to be in good mechanical shape. $350 OBO Gunner "Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president,...
22
22

How to weld or repair this critter?
is a rotary table for a milling machine. The thingy with the wheel on the right (small wheel with the big screw on the end...had the small cast iron piece broken off when I got this rotory table. It...
25
25

Gear Motor Failure Modes?
My shooting club has motorized target carriers on the indoor range. They use "Maxtorq" gear motors, and one isn't working. The motor shaft spins, but the output shaft doesn't. It doesn't make any...
8
8

PC problem
3.5" 1.44 mb floppy drive; Upon accessing the drive containing a known good floppy it causes immediate shutdown. Then the message: "Non-system disk- replace and hit any key to continue". Replacing the...
16
16

help me ID the maker "by trademark alone" (pic posted)
part of my extinct airco dip-pak mig welder. extreme tight closeup of the side of the feed roll, shows the 'stamped-in symbol' or trademark. never seen this trademark before, but hope you have. far as...
3
3

Looking for Cheap 19' scissor lift
Something like this fit my needs just fine. Cosmetics NOT important! Some repair would be ok..as long as it didnt involve expensive parts Would consider trading/Bartering/some cash Anyone finds one in...
4
4

FS High Standard M101 magazines
I found (3) High Standard M101 mags in a box Id not opened in years. They are in the white, but sprayed with a very decent spray on hard teflon lubricant. It comes off with some hard hard wiping. All...

For Sale Enco Tool and Cutter Grinder
I picked this up recently, and have cleaned it up and tested it. Its this grinder did not come with the centers or the large hand lever on the cross slide wheel. It does not have a coolant pump,...
1
1