Subject Author Posted Replies

RCM'ers map?
I read a post this morning from someone who located himself on the MA northshore. And I got to thinking about how there are other RCM'ers around here (Carlisle, MA). And wouldn't it be cool to have a...
2
2

Board flat versus on edge
I have trusses on four foot centers. I plan on installinf between the trusses 2x4 material every 4 feet so I can hang drywall or some other board for a ceiling. My idea is to install these boards flat...
13
13

somebody's going to get a steal on strapping clamps
so far, only 99 cents- that's waaaay too cheap so, maybe someone else can use these 5/8 inch clamps/clips?
1
1

Tool storage ideas?
I am undertaking a major revision of my basement shop in order to accomodate a portion of my Dad's (mostly woodworking) shop and tools he accumulated over the past 70 or so years. I will fill big...
2
2

Microsoft Guy

re thinking garage/ceiling in shop
I am re thinking the osb and debating on attempting to install drywall myself even though I have never worked with it. My question is, I put a drain in my floor so I could pressure wash my floor and...
15
15

FS/Rivett 918
Ive been pondering all the machines I own...and the one Ive got the least amount of interest in..is my Rivett 918. Its loaded with tools, collets, chucks, slide tooling etc etc etc. It is..is missing...
2
2

Welders from Longevity
I bought a model 518 Dec 2008 . It is not sold anymore. It had too many failures . So, now i , and the state attny gen' are in "negociations" with the famous Longevity-inc welder sellor .. Simon K...
2
2

drill holes in tubing
I spent the day getting a used greenhouse home. I'm plumb wore out right now. So, I'm a dreaming on the re-construction. I'll build it on skids so I can drag it to new ground every year. To do this,...
33
33

OT Employers begin driving your 401(k)
Check your latest 401k statement to see if your allocations reflect what you want, as opposed to what the fund company wants. The fund company wants you to be in target date funds, because they...

Turbocad users?
Hopefully someone on this group may know? I'm looking at getting an older version of Turbocad off Ebay to play with. Would anyone know the difference between Turbocad "designer" and turbocad "deluxe"?...
6
6

FA: Heidenhain MT 25W Linear Position Indicators - Lot of 3
I have three Heidenhain 25 mm linear position indicators for auction on eBay. The URL is 10/18/09. Thank you. eBay Mobile

Sort of OT: Propane Conversion
I've got an old Generac 2.5KW generator with a 5HP Briggs and Stratton motor. Over the years, the fuel tanks has rusted and gunked up the carb. I'd rather not rebuild it but switch to propane and/or...
1
1

Semi On Topic: Heating my shop
I built a small room inside my garage that I could afford to heat electrically. My needs require a programmable thermostat. Since I'm using electric heat, I need a line voltage model. That changes...
24
24

Quicky Belt Change
What a way to win a bet!