Subject Author Posted Replies

Observations on HF clicker torque wrench
I was asking about the HF clicker torque wrench recently ("Cheap click-stop torque wrench" - 9/18). I bought one and just tested it, using a lever & weights: lever is a 1" square tube, with a...

Can I install a ceiling?
My detached garage with metal siding has 2x4 trusses spaced 4 feet on center. Can I install a ceiling or will this be too much weight and cause sagging/or other problems?
11
11

Mainly Vegetarian Spider
scientists have discovers a spider that feeds almost exclusively on plant food. The findings are significant because of the known approximately 40,000 species of spiders in the world, all were thought...

hardfacing with TIG?
Has anyone tried using a hardfacing stick electrode(smaw) with the flux removed to tig weld on hardfacing?
25
25

Generator to power MIG welder
Hi all - I haven't been here in a long time, but remember this to be one of the most knowledgeable groups about all things metal... I need to be able to power a small MIG welder (Lincoln SP-100T) with...
7
7

OT where is it made?
(maybe semi On-Topic) Which cars are made where? You, Randy Remove 333 from email address to reply.
2
2

Running a sub panel off of a sub panel
I have a sub panel in my attached garage. It has a small heat pump/air conditioner on it for a bonus room (I believe 50 amp) and a 50 amp welder plug that rarely gets used. I built a detached garage...
5
5

Slow Motion Video of Bullet Impacts on Various Materials
RCM Content: metal bullets they don't have nay info or explaantion of what is going on. It still makes for interesting viewing. Doug White Be sure to see my other videos of more slow motion bullet...
5
5

Adventures under the laundry sink
After I'd had my first cuppa this morning, Mary informed me that she had some unpleasant news. I'm never quite sure whether she's tweaking me or not, which is part of what makes life fun. She wasn't...
49
49

OT - Battery care for winter or storage
This winter I'd like to try to keep my batteries in good condition if possible. I've got a zero turn mower, tractor, truck, backhoe, marine batteries for the boat, I've counted 8 lead acid batteries...
30
30

grinder for shop
im asking everyone what they prefer for general grinding (not sharpening) either a wheel grinder or a belt grinder. i think id like a belt grinder, but for some reason there just arent as many out...
10
10

conduit puller
I'm probably buying a used high tunnel or greenhouse this week... The hoops are made of tubing and the ends have been drove in the ground. Pulling these out without crushing will be a trick. I've got...
15
15

Source for 3/4" OD tool holder bushings
Looking for a 3/4 OD to 1/2 ID and 3/4 to 3/8 ID bushings. Anything better for type C bushings at about $44 each off ebuy?

Sharpening wood chisels
Is there a clamp, or does one just use the side of a green wheel? I've got almost as many dull chisels as I have dull drill bits. Although, I finally got the Drill Doctor 750 out, and it works pretty...
16
16

Battery Question
I have three ATVs, which seem to have batteries that die rather quickly, as in don't work any more, can't be fixed die. The other day, I went to charge one, and the levels were far down. I put the...
17
17