Subject Author Posted Replies

Metal Related - but barely
Greetings and Salutations I got an email from an engineer friend of mine. He got a contact from San Diego for some Engineering work. Interpreting Boeing Drawings. Old Boeing drawings. Would you...
3
3

ISS History
I had no idea that the ISS had grown this large. Wowza! USATODAY.com feature

Got Mercury? Got $18 million to spare?
4
4

Fascinating! The Touch Table
way way cool!!!!! Gunner
6
6

Anti WI-FI Paint
This new paint might have some applications in the shop. Sounds as if it may be a cheap and easy way to provide emi shielding for the electronic controls in machines. By painting a solution containing...
6
6

Milling lesson
I need a small slot in my sundial bases. Usually I pre-drill the hole (either 3/16" or 1/4") and then extend by 0.075" (1/4" hole) or 0.50" (3/16" hole) the material is 3/8" key stock, galvanized,...
36
36

MMS Online Videos Related to Accuracy in CNC Milling
To All: Here are some interesting videos from a Modern Machine Shop Online article posted on 8/26/2009. Some segments are old news, some may be new to others. Improving milling machine accuracy:...

FS -- Millermatic 251 MIG welder
This particular specimen is appx. 6 years old (serial number starts with LC) and looks almost brand new. Comes with a bunch of tips and nozzles. Also includes a heavy duty MIG gun. Price is $1,000....
1
1

SOME metal content
http://www.yumabassman.com/pictures/trashday/DSCF1396.JPG
3
3

Cnverting a sucion type blast cabinet to a pressure vessel type?
Has anyone here converted a suction type bead balst cabinet to a pressure vessel type? I am now struggling with he speed and efficieny of my medium sized blast cabinet. The cabinet itself is just the...
1
1

gasket sealant for diesel fuel
I've got a clean-out port on a small diesel fuel tank, with a cover that's sealed with a nitrile gasket. I'd like to squish the gasket down over a small bead of a diesel-resistant sealant, just as...
2
2

End mill diameter for 1/16" slots
Hi, need to mill some 1/16" slots (about 1/16" deep) in nylon. Making some motor brush caps that look like this; would be the recommended end mill diameter and number of flutes for one pass cuts?...
5
5

Ping Larry Jacquesoff
Did you read my post about your welder? If the guy coming over doesnt buy it...let me know and perhaps we can work out some kind of deal. Gunner Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a...
10
10

Bore sizes for automotive pulleys
I bought a generator head and engine from someone who planned on making a generator set for those times when the electrical power is out. And I plan on finishing the project. However the seller had...

Vise ID
ERON 4" No. 100 Vise, but no anvil top, just a lip. Was this a special purpose vise? Got it for $10 at a yard sale. Quite heavy. Explore deserttraveler’s 12 photos on Flickr!
11
11