Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Craigslist flame war
The Minneapolis craigslist tools section had an interesting flame war yesterday. No pieces left to view though one fellow has been posting a mismatched 'set' of 3 crows foot wrenches for $68 every few...
8
8

ready made shop
I seen this eBay auction. An entire shop. If anybody out there has the $ and is just starting, this would be a great way to do it. I have no connection with this seller. Karl
41
41

long time lurker needs end mill
1.25 or 1.5 (or larger) HSS end mill with .25 corner radius. flute lenth 75. Inserted cutter wont cut it (UHMW). Need by Wed. morning. Please reply to
7
7

OT ER metalworking
Metalworking in the ER. Regards Tom. BBC NEWS | UK | England | Manchester | Fire crew aid in penis operation
5
5

Clausing 5914 has arrived
I now have possession of the lathe. It came with a 5C collet nose and Royal lever closer, plus something like 140 collets, mostly Hardinge. Also got the 3-jaw, 4-jaw, and dog-driver chucks, three...
64
64

BUILD A SMALL STEAM CLEANER?
I need to clean some really caked on grease that is on an old engine in a machine. I was thinking of taking a tea kettle and shutting the spring-loaded lid, inserting some 1/4" copper tubing into the...
30
30

OT - Use a Mouse on a Portable GPS Unit?
Was wondering if it is possible to attach a mouse to the USB port of a portable GPS receiver (an Omnitech device). I'm thinking maybe a 3 port hub might work with the GPS, the mouse and the USB power...
1
1

12vt compressors?
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor Freight.. I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air compressor. This would be handy for my truck. Is this a decent...
30
30

Handyman special <G>
"Pax Americana is a philosophy. Hardly an empire. Making sure other people play nice and dont kill each other (and us) off in job lots is hardly empire building, particularly when you give them self...
10
10

VFD or Static phase converter on Clausing 1301
I brought home a Clausing 1301 lathe not long ago as a new addtion to the home shop. It has a Doer 5hp 2 speed 208V 3ph motor. It runs fine off the the 15hp phase converter I have for the larger lathe...
6
6

Data needed
I want to put up eight three inch square by .120" thick posts twenty feet long, about two foot into concrete piers. Four of them would form a 7' square in the center, the other four would form a...
13
13

Nailgun education
Gunner "Pax Americana is a philosophy. Hardly an empire. Making sure other people play nice and dont kill each other (and us) off in job lots is hardly empire building, particularly when you give them...
10
10

Ping tom Gardner! OT how to cut nylon brush:-)
Tom, I am a refrigeration serviceman and this problem has come up a couple of times and each time we just muddled thru it and got a fair job of fixing it. Here it is. Some commercial walk-in-cooler...
14
14

H8178 Table Power Feed for G0463/G0619 (Sieg X3 / Super X3)
found mine to work OK, except that the way it's mounted. There is no way to line up the motor shaft to the leadscrew in a way that keeps things lined up. The manual handwheel is harder to turn due to...

Ferrofluid
Kind of metal related, I made up a 1/2 litre of ferrofluid, in this case colloidial magnetite suspended in kerosene using a recipe from: link Seems to work okay, but I think I need a stronger magnet...