Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping tom Gardner! OT how to cut nylon brush:-)
Tom, I am a refrigeration serviceman and this problem has come up a couple of times and each time we just muddled thru it and got a fair job of fixing it. Here it is. Some commercial walk-in-cooler...
14
14

H8178 Table Power Feed for G0463/G0619 (Sieg X3 / Super X3)
found mine to work OK, except that the way it's mounted. There is no way to line up the motor shaft to the leadscrew in a way that keeps things lined up. The manual handwheel is harder to turn due to...

Ferrofluid
Kind of metal related, I made up a 1/2 litre of ferrofluid, in this case colloidial magnetite suspended in kerosene using a recipe from: link Seems to work okay, but I think I need a stronger magnet...

Looking for info on coining
Some years back someone on this group shared a document which described the process of coining, including some guidelines such as pressure required vs/ material and diameter. Does anyone have this? We...

Can I save my bandsaw blade?
I had the feed set a little too high on my bandsaw. Next thing I know the blade jumped off the wheel. It looks a little wiggly in one area (the blade is kinda S shaped from side to side). Is there any...
5
5

heat treatment tools
Hi I bought some wrenches at a fire-damaged sale. They were burnt in a fire at the tool store and were very cheap so I took the risk, but find that they are useless and bend very easily. Is it...
4
4

OT: but with tool use!
You think YOU'VE had a bad day? No matter how bad your day is going, somebody out there has it worse.

Pinging Harold & Susan
Hi Harold, I followed your thread regarding diamond vs. silicon wheels. One point of confusion. Steel should not be ground on diamond. How come the Drill Doctor and my el-cheepo knife sharpener use...
18
18

Anyone know what this pipe is called?
Hi, I just picked up several sections of pipe from the junkyard, but I can't really peg what it is known as. The sections are about 4" long. It is a dark gray steel with a little bit of red rust. The...

OT Repaired plastic gas tank
OT, all plastic but works with a metal engine. My lawnmower plastic gas tank sprung a small leak, amazing how much gas drips from a tiny leak. Here's what I did; Pressurized the tank to lung pressure....
25
25

What is it? CCXII
Set number 212 has just been posted: Rob What is it?
14
14

Allen Bradley 1305 VFD
I have a 460v 3 ph. 3 hp. Allen Bradley VFD. I would like to apply DC to the buss from a single phase power supply instead of a rotary converter. Any problems with this?
3
3

Deck repair
Hi Joost, While you will get good responses here, you may also try For the job you are describing, you neednt be too accurate with the rolling. For a job like this, what we would usually do is just...
5
5

Bench Grinder
I've just bought a diamond wheel-dresser which is a steel rod with a block of steel at the end with a 1.5" x 1/2" face with coarse diamonds stuck to it. Anyone know how the diamonds are attached? And...
24
24

Replacing ID plates
Got "volunteered" to replace, or arrange for replacement, of some ID plates. Didn't hold or examine one, just going by description and pic of the stamping. Thin AL, probably .030. from the...
4
4