Subject Author Posted Replies

How do I find far end of el wire in attic
How do I find the far end of el wire in attic. The romex is connected to a circuit breaker but the far end was unhooked from an old circuit and is now lost in insulation and other stuff. I was hoping...
15
15

please check syntax error (grammar mistakes) for me
I have corrected the document foor you. Here it is in proper English ------------------ When it comes to purchasing products with the label "Made in China", Caveat Emptor--let the buyer beware....
58
58

OT: Son's finished school in MOS 1345
My son Matt graduated from his training class at Fort Leonard Wood Missouri today, USMC MOS 1345, Engineer Equipment Operator. He trained on a grader, two bulldozers, including the D-7, a backhoe, and...
13
13

Lagun Mill ?
I have an opportunity to pick up an older Lagun FTV-1 for $2500. It seems like a good price. The problem is that it is not powered up and has been sitting in a guy's garage for 3 years. I won't get to...
2
2

Cross Slide Vise on drill press for LIGHT milling
looking at getting a cross slide vise for my tabletop drill press for light milling. The drill press is harbor freight grade, as will be the cross slide. The extent of the milling i will do with this...
7
7

Chain saw chain sharpening
I'm using a chain saw more now. I got four or five chains, some dull, and some unfindable. I have a Sears sharpener that has an alignment jig. I have kind of gotten the hang of it, and it seems to...
24
24

OT: Driving on ice
98% OF AMERICANS SAY "OH SHIT" BEFORE GOING IN THE DITCH ON A SLIPPERY ROAD. THE OTHER 2% ARE FROM OHIO, AND THEY SAY: "HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS!"
50
50

Enco drill bits
I just got a sale e-mail from Enco that has 115 bit sets. They run from 30.00 to 180.00 with free shipping. I would imagine that many others here have received the same e-mail and my question is - are...
10
10

Anyone seen this yet? 1911 Animation
Gunner http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5053379821405436208
7
7

Urine Test
Like a lot of folks in this country... I have a job. I work, they pay me.I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a...
32
32

Smoothing a rough hole--suggestions?
I've got a passage in a die head that I need to smooth up. Looks like it was drilled and nothing further was done to it. Material is hardened P20. Hole is 18mm straight with a through length of 12-13...
4
4

Real leaves dipped in metal
Sorry to jump in here without any history in the group, but does anyone know if the process to make leaves permanent (veins of real leaves are made semi-transparent through a filigree process-they are...
12
12

Tools you didn't know you needed
I recently came across this from Ridged: "The new RIDGID SeeSnake micro? inspection camera allows you to easily perform visual inspections in hard to reach areas. Its lightweight, handheld design...
53
53

OT Spam about speach recognition program Naturally Speaking
I noted in the Sunday paper that Staples is selling " Naturally Speaking 9.0 " for $89.xx with a fifty dollar mail in rebate. Can be bought at the store or on line with free shipping. Yeah it is OT...
16
16

chain drive lathe
So why couldn't one replace that dumb ol' flat belt on an old lathe with roller chain? I seem to remember that roller chain drives don't offer perfectly smooth power transfer, but is it going to be a...
8
8