Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Can't find Outlook Express
Is that so bad a thing? Wes
26

masonry heater doors
I'm planning to build what they call a masonry heater or Finnish heater. A problem is the cast iron doors required cost $800 and up. I'm an OK welder and I have plenty of scrap plate around. I'm...
16
16

on the subject of Plasma cutters and flame cutting
I had a guy call my shop the other day, looking to get a peice of 1.5" cast iron cut. My unit wouldn't do it. MAX -80, I suggested Oxy-Fuel, and he said you can't do that. Why can't you burn cast...
6
6

What is it? CCIX
Set number 209 has just been posted: Rob What is it?
37
37

DRO toast?
The Digital readout on the series 1 Bridgport mill wouldn't light up this morning. It's not a power problem, it gets juice all the way to the internal transformer. Anyone know of anyone who can...
5
5

Message no longer available
If I'm not responding to something addressed to me, it's because I'm getting "Message no longer available on the server" messages for about half of RCM. The same thing happened after our last sporge...
13
13

New tool
Check out this new tool and tell me what you think?
6
6

Ping: Cavelamb
I'm in Vegas. Want any more stainless?
4
4

Special taps and dies
A short time ago a poster was looking for a special tap. I just got an email about this company. I don't know anything about this company, but at least a source for "Acme, Acme sets,Tandem Acmes,2G,...
2
2

Shopping at McMasters
Wire brushes. - Tom Gardner Karl
10
10

Any tips on using a plasma cutter?
RTFM? Surely you jest. Real men ask their buds and if married don't listen to their wives. ;) Wes
9
9

Reposting due to mess
Wow! Don't know what is happening to this forum. But am reposting in hopes of getting some help: I've been away from the craft for way too long. Have a chance to play in a new project that will...
2
2

Which HF magnifier to get?
Harbor Freight has two magnifiers. One is the Head Strap Magnifier with Worklight Lot no. 95890. $9.99 The other 16.5 Jeweler's Clip-on Eye Loupe Lot No. 94364, $2.99 Both are likely made of plastic...
7
7

Front loading washer as a tumbler?
Awl-- Couldn't a front loading washer be filled with media to tumble parts? As opposed to these noisy noisy vibratory tumblers? I'm thinking 18 or 20 ga material could be riveted in to protect the...
13
13

Engraving a degree scale
Hello all, I need to engrave a degree scale on my evolving gizmo. One degree increments will be fine. I can indicate the part on my RT, translate the 1.25" or so to the scale location, and use the RT...
24
24