Subject Author Posted Replies

get rid of mercaptant
I need an old 100# LP bottle for use in my shop. I took the valve off three hours ago and have an air hose line inside the bottle blowing air in for over an hour now. No sign of the smell abating....
22
22

did you already seen it ? "The Most Powerful Diesel Engine in the World!"
I've found it this day on the net, the big fuel motor of the world, surely the motor of a boat ! Full description here, !...
15
15

External Snapring for Sieg X3 Quill
The x axis doesn't have one, surely you mean the Y axis? That is 12mm - no imperial size is really close.
3
3

Recommendation for tap fit hole tolerance in 4140 pre-hard steel
Hi everyone, I would like to ask if anyone can please recommend a tap fit hole Min. & Max. tolerance for a 3/8" hardened steel dowel (.3751" Min to .3753" max OD) ? The pin will be tapped into 4140...
10
10

$250 Award - "Machine Shop Trade Secrets" Award
I thought members of the machinist community might be interested in hearing about the $250 "Machine Shop Trade Secrets" Award presented by ProShop Publishing ... are currently accepting user...
13
13

OT: Handloading question
I'd ask this in a more appropriate place if I knew or trusted the judgment of the people there, but I know there are handloaders here, and that people here are a little off the wall in general, so you...
62
62

Hydraulic Bandsaw Feed cylinder oil fill level?
Hey guys, can someone out there shed some light on how much oil should be put in a Hydraulic Bandsaw downfeed cylinder. This is the kind with the downfeed adjustment valve and the piston has a quick...
6
6

Suggestions needed on how to create thread interference on 6-32 screw
Needed: Many thousands of 6-32 screws in which a 6-32 hex nut will only screw on up to a desired thread distance and no more. 1's or 2's I can do with a side cutter, etc. I am thinking spot welding an...
12
12

Voltage drop scenario/amperage question
For temporary work it should fly. You can normally push a free-air cord pretty hard amperage wise. Heat is your enemy. I wouldn't try cranking up the Tombstone very high though. Mid-range stuff should...
51
51

OT- Computer Question
============= I am just going down this path, including trying to get an old laptop with a small hard drive w/W2k to boot Ubuntu Linux from a usb WD Passport drive, and my main box to boot off a new...
8
8

Paint for a Wilton Vise
It looks like their Light Blue is what I'm looking for. Thanks Roger Bob
3
3

Linear Float Chuck?
Hehehe... The very first thing I thought of. 15+ spindles later, that's a lot of tapmatics! Probably cost prohibitive. :) Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic...
10
10

WTB Align 250 Power Feed
Hi, looking for non working power feed for parts. Please let me know if you have one under bench. Milton C.

How It's made - Manhole Covers
4
4

What is it? CCVIII
This week's set has just been posted: Rob What is it?
27
27