Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: SLI Prototypes
Hi all, I have a 3D .stl file that I want made into a real part. It'll fit into a cubical box 1.5" on a side. Who do y'all use to build your 3D parts? I'm in Silicon Valley California USA Quality?...

polyurethane chuck jaws for a lathe
I'm facing the ends of some 303 SS TGP and wandering if having jaws made from polturethane would grip the stock well enough. Anyone try this?? I cover the jaws with electrical tape now so they don't...
5
5

FS: Internal roller burnisher
Hey gang, i happen to have come across a Wiedeke/Elliott internal roller burnisher in my travels (it came as part of a lot that I picked up). this particular model looks to be a near-bottoming style...

Pictures -- installed Harbor Freight truck crane today
I used a 5/8" steel reinforcing plate that I drilled and tapped. Harbor Freight Truck Crane
24
24

Hossfeld type bender plans
Do I recall someone posting plans for a Hossfeld type bender in the dropbox? Or perhaps there was mention of a web site that describes how to build one. A friend who is wintering in FL just emailed me...
5
5

Taking shop data cheaply
I don't consider this off topic, since it relates to measuring things with your PC; could be in the shop or elsewhere. This is just a report on a neat, cheap device that works for me. I just bought...
2
2

rfr: online plastic companies (sort of ot)
Ok, after reading the great response about online metal companies, does anyone have any suggestions for online plastic companies. I some times have need for small quantities of sheet (vacuum forming)...
3
3

way OT: a honeydo project
Finally finished a small honeydo project today. Something went awry under some wallpaper in the family room, made a dark spot about 18" long by a few inches wide. Been that way for several years,...
13
13

Metal Building Components
After talking with several people who insulted my intelligence re: constructing a metal structure, I have decided to build it myself. With some help at the proper times. I shall have the foundation...
10
10

RFR:Online Metal Companies
I'm looking for a recommendation for an online metal supplier. My needs are quite modest- I have no use for 12 foot long bar stock. Who has the best per-inch pricing? TIA- Carl
7
7

Vendor question
Anyone done business with Wholesale Tool Company ( )? I may have to settle for a bench top mill due to room requirements . They have a square column machine that comes with some tooling that I can...
5
5

Top-coating cold galvanizing rustoleum
Project is a trailer to haul coal (take THAT arabs). I'm using hot rolled angle and once I get everything welded up and clean off the mill scale, I was going to use Rustoleum cold galvanizing spray...
7
7

Tool gloat!
Spotted an estate sale in the paper touting machinist tools. Got there late as I mistakenly turned off on a similarly named street, so when I arrived, it was a struggle to decide what to look at...
7
7

Larry Jaques (vise)
On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 23:43:35 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Ignoramus24248 quickly quoth: You may rue the day you bought a large, swivel-jaw vise from HF, but if it locks well in place, without...
6
6

how does a governor work on a small gas engine?
Go to the Kohler engines web site, find the "contact us" link and send them email with the model / serial number info from the engine and ask about owners and service manuals. I did that a few months...
17
17