Subject Author Posted Replies

Your worst project?
What was the most ill-conceived, unsuccessful, and worthless/expensive DIY style project that you undertook (I would say without counting any injuries as they could outweigh everything else)? My...
59
59

Vertical Lift
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I'm fairly new to this. I'm trying to design a small tray that will be able to move vertically along a CD rack for a retrieval system. I'm probably going to be...
7
7

Carbide Insert and Carbide Depot
I thought someone a few months ago had posted that they were getting a poor finish turning mild steel with their normal carbide and found an insert that worked great after talking with Carbide Depot....
2
2

for sale Elkhart indiana 78 twinstar 185cc
$650.00 nice bike 7400 orginal mi call 574 849-9598 Rand
1
1

Thanksgiving
'm sure thankful for a sense of humor. It sure would be a boring life without it. It's cold and rainy out, and so I'm thankful to be in where it is warm and dry. Much of the world is in the dark, and...

What is it? CCVII
Just posted set number 207: Rob What is it?
26
26

Corten Steel
Does anyone in the group know where I might buy small quantities of Corten steel plate. Any leads appreciated. Thanks, Ed Angell
2
2

Ping Cavelamb
e mail me your snail mail addy. I got you some SS to play with. I apologize that it isn't a lot, but they had just dumped their barrels, and the guy cut these pieces from a rem strip he had. Some days...
2
2

OT- Thought police bill passed by democrats
Thinking for your self will now be a crime, democracts will declare you a criminal. "Ms. Harman, a California Democrat, thinks it likely that the United States will face a native brand of terrorism in...
15
15

Quincy compressor/3-phase redux
Well, people were so nice here helping me through my compressor/power woes, I figured I would let you know how it turned out. After over a month of waiting for word from the power company as to what...
10
10

OT: Mythbusters Last Night
Anyone catch the episode last night about Civil War Confederate rockets, where Carrie 'made' some guncotton? What a joke. The methods shown and lack of purification would be guaranteed to blow her...
16
16

Ques about spot welder OCV
Hi Why do small spot welders have an OCV in 4-6 Volt - at first glance one would think that using a higher voltage would make it easier as you could use thinner tongs,leads etc - 600 amps at 6V is the...
7
7

Trailer wiring problem
I just made an adapter to convert my 6 pin round on my truck to an RV 7 pin on a borrowed trailer. All of my trailers use the 6 pin round with brake controllers so I don't want to change everything to...
2
2

Need source for downloading Emco Maier Compact 5 lathe manual
It drives me nuts that I can't find a source where I can download the Emco Maier compact 5 lathe manual. I don't even like turn it on w/o reading the manual.....Please help....
2
2

fa: 5 to 6 inch micrometer 99 cents so far
I don't think this will attract a lot of interest so here is a chance for someone willing to build up their set one piece at a time here's the link don't need it, bought an ENCO set last year, so time...