Subject Author Posted Replies

forklift questions
I am starting to look for a forklift for around the shop. There's one on ebay that has brakes that do not work, are they hard or very expensive to fix? I know nothing about forklifts. Item number:...
16
16

OT - sewing machine repair
hi all i'm hoping one of you fine gentlemen will be able to help me gain some wife approval points... she has a husqvarna (viking) '2000 SL' sewing machine (actually a couple, along with a bunch of...
38
38

Static converter problem
I just installed a static Kay Industries 3 phase converter to run my 50 years old Abrasive Co. Surface grinder. When I plug it in motor won't run. What measurement should I have between four contacts...
10
10

drilling aluminum
Is there a special type of drill bit for drilling extruded aluminum? I have some basic bits at home, but they don't seem to do too well.
12
12

Sterlitamak 2S125 Drill Press?
I've got all the measurements from this one already, so no favors being asked this time around. Just curious if anyone had ever heard of this brand. I take pride in knowing a good number of makes and...
5
5

OT - Ford fan clutch
Hello all, I thought some of you might know what to do, hence the OT post. I have a '96 F-150 2WD 4.9L, and a very badly needed new water pump. The fan clutch nut stands between me and my goal. I have...
10
10

Sine bar gloat
I picked up this SPI Sine Bar kit for $20.45 on eBay" wish I had one maybe a dozen times in my life but REALLY wanted one last week. I imagine having it will spur it's usage.

fa - for those of you with big lathes - my last pile of waaaay to huge tooling
here's the link -- of mixed indexable and brazed carbide, mostly 1 inch or larger shanks, two are 3/4

The ultimate trailer test
This weekend, I handled a power supply that weighed 4,500 lbs. Got it loaded on the trailer, moved it home, took some parts out and took it someplace else where it was unloaded. It was also mildly...
66
66

bending pipe for shower fixture?
Sorry to ask such an elemental question, but I will anyway! ;-> I bought a new showerhead that we like a lot better than the old one, but the stream is wider and it's hitting on a tile area where...
9
9

BP table question
I have a Bridgeport brand mill, older J-head. I put a Servo 150 on the X axis and have had trouble since. My table has been binding in the X direction on occasion, and today (after not using the mill...
5
5

Van Norman 1R3U Universal Mill
I was back in the town where I found that mill ... and looked it over again , looking specifically for a tag with the power requirements . Imagine my delight when I found that it can be converted to...
5
5

Cincinnati tool and cutter grinder
I am rebuilding Cincinnati Nr. 2 tool and cutter grinder. Can anyone e-mail /mail me a photocopy of drawings / parts for the grinding head? Of course, will reimburse costs. Thank You so mych. Victor...

fa - banding and strapping tools
I have listed a few banding/strapping tools - signode, delta, etc - will list a few more - here are some links if you can use these - helping a friend clean out his garage...

Zenni Optical-first time bifocals Help!
I had my eyes tested about a year ago..didnt do anything with the perscription until about 8 weeks ago. I ordered a pair of memory titanium bifocals from Zenni (along with a pair for my wife) Total...
34
34