Subject Author Posted Replies

Van/truck update
Ive now put nearly 10,000 miles on the 2001 Ranger I bought some months ago. After putting the Lifetime aluminum work shell on it..ladder on top and about 400 lbs of tools and Stuff....Im averaging...
22
22

garden thread taps and dies
I have never seen taps, dies or even rethreading taps and dies to cut garden hose thread, which I believe is 3/4 11 1/2 size. Anybody have any sources?-- don paolino
30
30

Calcium Chloride for dehumidifing
Hey ! I'll play ! Why not sodium chloride ? It is abundant and we all know how it attracts humidity. Bob Swinney Same stuff as for melting ice? Any major reason to use prilled CC vs the Ice Melter...
3
3

How to take the metal pin out
I have a metal pin look like this | ===== | / It is attached to glass panel | glass |==== glass | glass I need to take the pin out. The flat part of the pin has dimension of 5/16 inch. The pin...
32
32

OT - metalworking and reloading
I was out in the gar^H^H^Hshop loading some ammo for my guide gun and I noticed my Lyman 505 beam scale was eratic returning to zero. It turned out that even though the scale is stored away from my...
9
9

DARPA Urban Challenge Webcast
For those interested in robotics, the webcast for the DARPA Urban Challenge can be found here: Gallimore
3
3

Logan lathes made well enough to suffice for a novice metal worker?
What is the quality of the Logan machine lathe brand? Made well enough to suffice for a novice metal worker?
32
32

cost of linear actuators
I have an application where I have to move a 3 lb object in a 3 ft cubic space. I am not looking at high performance or high accuracy. It can take as much as 30 seconds to traverse the 3 ft distance...
6
6

Ping: Gunner
FYI, there is an auction of surplus school equipment in Lancaster tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. (just in case you're interested). The address is 44865 3rd St. east, Lancaster. Viewing starts at 8:00 a.m. Go...

Pinging Iggy- Powermatic
Iggy, As I said earlier, here are the pictures of my Powermatic. It was a real mess when I got it. Hence the low price. It had multiple coats of green paint. Then some one trimmed it with bright...
2
2

Pro Source a good alternative to HF?
Is Pro Source a good alternative to Harbor Freight 'cheap tools'? Currently PS is on sale at Big Lots. Picked up a $15 cut-off air tool (HF has one for $9.99) - the whole line of products look better...
3
3

Mirror for Mag Base
We have 3 girls in the family, plus my wife. Mirrors get broken from time to time. I collect the pieces. They can be cut the same way as ordinary glass. I have also mounted a grinding wheel in a die...
5
5

Commander-Style Multiple Spindle Head Question
Just ran across a few of the Commander-style "universal arm" machines here. All the collets were made from aluminum. Is this normal based on the experience of others using them or did this guy make...

1 ton diesel milage
I dreamin' of upgrading my ride... I'd like to know real world mileage numbers on a diesel 4x4 one ton dually pickup truck. or anything with a similar weight. I've had three fords in a row, after my...
39
39

Metalworker? Motorcyclist?
If you are either or both, you will probably find something on this guy's site of interest... Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: Spindle Drills: