Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? CCIV
Just posted the latest set, I'll be away from my computer all day tomorrow so I'll be posting the answer page early in the morning. Rob
33
33

Tap and Die Press
Hello, We have a standard tap and die sets in our workshop. I remember seeing somewhere recently a device that would make it easier to do taps/dies, not using a wrench but a press or contraption on a...
6
6

Air compressor continuous run?
My air supply is in stages. One 7.5 hp 3-phase 230v Quincy can usually carry the load. It come on at 90 and runs to 120, or there about. If the demand is bigger, another Quincy gets put on line. I...
24
24

OT- Woodworking
Specificaly, the proper method to nail overhead beams, comments please-
5
5

A bit OT:Home Dentistry for the RCMer
Scroll to bottom of page.."Makes Own False Teeth of Stainless Steel" http://blog.modernmechanix.com/category/diy/page/8/
3
3

Tapped hole margins
Hello all, I have a design problem requiring a reasonably rigid structure in a tight space. Forces are not at all large, and structural failure is not a great threat. However, the parts need to be...
12
12

Drill Press For Metal Work Versus Wood Work
Should a drill press used for drilling holes through 1/4 inch stainless steel have any different characteristics than a drill press used for wood work? Our applications are fairly trivial: maybe once...
29
29

Used CNC machines for sale
Our company has several used machines on the market. These are being sold through one of our machine tool dealers: Pinnacle Machine Tools Inc - Contact info at the bottom of the post. Make: Model:...

machine wedge in UHMW
Cut a 1/8" wide slot at the proper angle in a piece of scrap wood, insert the UHWM in the slot and trim the end on a table saw.
17
17

Fun stuff from the past
Found this link in another group. Some articles from old magazines...

Polishing stainless steel
I have a couple of stainless steel pots that have had long usage and don't look so hot. One is an 18/10 16 oz Italian "espresso" coffee maker (that you put on a stove burner) that's been used...
50
50

50 hz VS 60 hz and a 120 HZ question
This group seems to have alot of electrical knowledge, sooo..... The US is 60 HZ and Europe is 50 HZ, a 60HZ motor is more efficient, so, what would happen if the US or the world for that matter would...
49
49

HOT Stamp Marking
As for who will do 100 pieces of nylon, you can check with a gift shop that sells imprinted party goods -- napkins, cards, etc. They either have or a have a service that provides hot stamping with a...
11
11

Good book on paint selection?
Does anyone know of a good book on paint selection aimed at the end user? I am talking about a book which tells you what primer to use for every metal under the sun, and gives you generic names for...
8
8

Update 2 on Quincy compressor and VFD
I have found approximately 170 microfarads of extra capacitance, in bits and pieces. Wired them in. Set the V/f curve to linear (setting 0). I set the max frequency to 20 Hz. With that, the compressor...
6
6