Subject Author Posted Replies

Bruce Bergman (Roosa Master Manual online)
I have the Roosa Master manual online here: Stanadyne Roosa Master
1
1

Solid Edge Training
EMI in cincinnati is a VAR for Solid Edge, and other UGS products. They also offer training on working with Sheet metal in Solid Edge. Contact Adam at or 513-563-0400 x 226 for more information.

Looking for miniature hex head bolts/cap screws
I'm looking for a source for stainless steel hex head bolts or cap screws in sizes down around 00-90 or M1 (1 mm). Small Parts stops at 0-80. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help!...
6
6

Again -- Tried running the quincy compressor
I put the circuit on slightly bigger breakers and tried again. The result is that my phase converter (17.5 HP idler capacity) is not big enough to restart the compressor when PSI reaches 100. I do not...
16
16

GLOAT stapler
I'm jealous Karl. I make allot of custom boxes to ship my stuff and this stapler would make my job easier. Did you buy two perchance? Steve
12
12

Estimating wooden ramp strength
Google "sagulator" and experiment to your heart's content... --
59
59

What is it? CCIII
Just posted set number 203: Rob What is it?
59
59

a real metalworking question - what is wrong
great suggestion but on my mill (an Abene), there is no vertical travel to the spindle - though I can rotate it, so it is possible that the vertical stop isn't exactly at the vertical position - I...
13
13

unimat sl/db headstock stem
Hello, I have a question about the Unimat SL/DB headstock stem - I wander how it is attached to the body of the headstock? I want to reuse the stem but don't want to ruin the headstock. I assumed that...
13
13

Smith & Mills shaper side feed
I just got my 25" Smith & Mills shaper up and running. Everything works as it should. That is, except the side feed. I can't hear/feel the feed shaft turning at all when under power. Left and right...
4
4

tungsten alloy rod
Midwest Tungsten Service sells both pure and alloy tungsten rods. They are not welding electrodes. Their web site is Midwest Tungsten offers the highest quality TIG Electrodes, Tungsten Bucking Bars,...

Strange drill breakage
OK, I've busted a few drills in my time, even a couple of 5/8". But to break an almost new Nachi 7/16" by dropping it on the floor from waist level is clearly a new one on me. I've spouted my love of...
52
52

OT Crime drop attributed to lead-free gasoline
"Has the Clean Air Act done more to fight crime than any other policy in American history? That is the claim of a new environmental theory of criminal behavior. In the early 1990s, a surge in the...
51
51

Possible contamination
Beware of the post, today's date, "rotary engine -- what's the name". It, or one of the respondents gave my PC a case of diarrhea. The problem seemed to occur when reading the post by spaco. Bob...
4
4

freeze proofing
I need to set up a quick and easy way to protect a dishwasher, a clothes washer and a water softener from freezing... My first plan is to solder a Tee and two valves in the water line near each unit....
19
19