Subject Author Posted Replies

Very thick leather? (1/4 in thick)
I have a couple of leather belts made from some very thick leather. They are about 1/4" thick. (from a screw machine shop) What animals do they come from? I do not think that cows have skin that...
14
14

Tried running the quincy compressor
I hooked it up to my phase converter, which provider 17.5 horsepower of idler capacity. (also finally changed plugs and connectors from some 120/208 weirdness to 250/3p/20A standard plugs of which I...
19
19

Wanted: Plastic casting expert
We are making plastic prototypes that are computer grown. There are 3 components less than 7" in diameter. Our need is to mold them in hard white PU and replicate about 50 additional prototypes. Can...

More is less
I heard this on the radio today about a test on monkeys. They had two stations set up. At the first station the monkey would first get one cookie and the second time he would get two. The third time...
9
9

Bridgeport question
Is there anything that would create and overly tight condition where the feed arm is really, really tight and hard to depress to get the tooling to move. I tried another machine the other day and it...
23
23

wheel mount for B & S 824 techmaster?
Anyone know what the taper is to mount the wheel on a Brown and Sharpe 824 Techmaster? I just bought the machine and would like to get a spare wheel mount. The machine has a diamond wheel on it that I...
2
2

Quincy 10 HP compressor and VFD
Depending on the unloader system, it may be entirely pneumatic time delay, or hydraulic. Especially if hydraulic, it will not be at a specific time. The first start of the day will take longer. Just...
18
18

Mechanical Aptitude Test
Was posted in But doesn't seem to have migrated over here yet... scored a 430... I've got the unfair advantage over some of you of being trained here on the job... But never had schooling in most of...
1
1

Union Millwrights
What a idiot! ***** If brains were cotton. You would not have enough cotton in your head to make a kotex for a gnats ass! ***** Union definition: A combination so formed, especially an alliance or...
46
46

3D-Taster hints
I just got my older 3D Taster (one dial pointer only) and I'd like to find someone that uses one... I rotate the dial so that it's up and down?

Machining instruction
I don't recall seeing this posted. ============== Welcome to the Virtual Machine Shop machine tool training and instruction online supported by you! Lathes, Milling Machines, CNC, CAD/CAM, Metallurgy,...
2
2

Current scrap price for HSS
I mean things like taps, broken drills, reamers etc, plus rectangular tool blanks. Any idea what they can be sold for in qty of about 250 lbs. I like my scrapper and do not necessarily want to scream...
14
14

Bought from Discount Machine Shop?
I bought stuff from them and was at their warehouse. Mostly it works as described. They are in St Charles, IL. I bought my milling vise from them and some R8 things. i
15
15

Bullseye level vial needed
Anyone have a source for the little acrylic bullseye level vials? I need one about 5/8" dia. (or less). I found some in the UK, but it is impractical to order due to £50 minimums and postage. The one...
6
6

IME Watchmakers lathe eBay item 250178741171
Hi Chaps, I'm auctioning my IME 8mm watchmakers lathe on eBay. The item number is 250178741171 and I've attached the auction blurb below if anyone's interested. The starting price is =A3150 withno...