Subject Author Posted Replies

Bullseye level vial needed
Anyone have a source for the little acrylic bullseye level vials? I need one about 5/8" dia. (or less). I found some in the UK, but it is impractical to order due to £50 minimums and postage. The one...
6
6

IME Watchmakers lathe eBay item 250178741171
Hi Chaps, I'm auctioning my IME 8mm watchmakers lathe on eBay. The item number is 250178741171 and I've attached the auction blurb below if anyone's interested. The starting price is =A3150 withno...

lamp
I'm looking for an oil lamp called 'yellow dog' derrick lamp. they were manfactured by a company called Jarecki Manufacturing Co., Erie, PA
1
1

Good deal on quick change tool holders
COCO has the "turning & facing" holder for the Aloris style quick change on sale for $9 (AXA/100 size). Plus shipping, of course. S&H was $13 for 3 holders. Total of $40 for 3.

PICTURES from IL railroad museum
Visited it today with 3 kids. (1 mine and 2 of his friends) also donated a old black adjustable Vise that Mike gave me, to their volunteer repair shop. They were very happy. Their shop was not that...
5
5

Industry Equipment Resource
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES Mail-Order SE. 2007-10-10 Heavy Industry Applications for Prospects Giuen Holding Ltd. - Southway Wheelers Kungsbacka, Sweden. Int. 0046 (0) 705474830 Commercial Aircraft -...

It feels good!!! (metal content)
I've had this 3 in 1 (shear, roller, brake) tool for about 8 years now. Got it at a machine shop auction for $ 100. It is a Wood, made in Taiwan. Only used it once to roll some rings and stayed away...
1
1

Dimensioning and milling strategy for a rotary table
Hello all, I am getting close to having to produce some results on a Phase II 8 inch H/V RT. Advancing the dial moves the table CW, which disappointed me for a second or two until I thought of what...
1
1

Air hose information sought
I need to buy some 25-foot air hoses. The black rubber one that came with the $100 Chinese compressor from Costco is already looking ratty, with cracks in the jacket. I assume lack of oil resistance...
19
19

Welding Penetration Enhancing Compounds
I need every single information about TIG Welding Penetration Enhancing Compounds. Brands, chemicals, user experiences, etc. Thanks in advance. Sel=E7uk SANCAK
2
2

chuck stop results
A week or so back I enquired here with a turning question - how to repeatedly locate bar stock pieces in lathe for a small batch job. I got some good suggestions. I cobbled together a stop that sits...
5
5

Gloat: Powermatic Drill Press
I scored a vintage Powermatic 1150 variable speed drill press today. I have been looking for one of these for a long time, but the prices have been outrageous. This one works fine but looks like shit,...
8
8

small differential gear source?
I have a few projects in the queue that will need small differentials. Say something about the size of your fist would probably do. The sort of thing that could drive one of those electric kiddy cars....
13
13

Bridgeport problem
I moved my Bridgeport to my new shop a couple months back. The new shop had to be completely re-wired and I didn't get the machine back under power until a few days ago. This morning, I tried to tram...
15
15

The mill purchase
This is worse than trying to find the right vehicle to purchase... So I found this Bridgeport not too far away. Several things make me like it, a few make me want to shy away.. Starting with the...
28
28