Subject Author Posted Replies

Let's try to do the math
How many collets are pictured here? 120 or 143? (rectangle in the middle)
6
6

Hand tapper
I just received my new tapper from an eBay purchase. It was about $100 delivered and has a #10-3/4" range. The fit/finish isn't great and we had to replace the set screws in the tap holders and drill...
5
5

Special Deburring Tools?
Does anyone know of a manufacturer other than Cogsdill or E-Z Burr that makes deburring tools that will do both sides of a "hole" with one pass. The tools we know about now are these: line is that if...
4
4

Oilite for m/c swingarm bushings?
The supplier of supposedly-better-than-stock bushings for a m/c project says he hasn't got 'em and won't have 'em for a long time. I have an extra bit of oilite here that would make two such bushings,...
3
3

Where might I have an antique bubble inclinometer repaired?
I found a very nice cast iron 24inch bubble inclinometer at a yard sale. I don't have the unit in front of me and can't remember the manufacturer but I remember that its patent date was around...
6
6

Summary of ways people fixed their Nikon Coolpix camera battery door latch
Here is a summary review of ways people fixed their Nikon Coolpix battery door latches when they invariably broke. Nikon would recommend replacing the entire camera body. However, innovative...
27
27

Chuck carrier pics
The carrier i made works pretty well. I set the track so i can use it for both the lathe and mill, made a chuck carrier from an old sterring rack, the rack teeth allow the lifting washer to engage...
10
10

Field's metal: I have an idea
I was going to use a small ceramic crucible in which to melt my tin, bismuth and indium--then I learned that the resulting alloy (Field's metal) "wets" ceramic--meaning the ingot would be cemented to...
11
11

FYI Bridgeports and monarchs in Amarillo (ebay)
Just to let people know, there are some nice looking J head bridgeports and some monarch lathes up on ebay. I am not affiliated with the seller but I buy quite of bit of stuff from them. They are not...

PING: RDF AT FRASER COMPETITION ENGINES
Hi, I have sent you several emails and got no answer. I deleted the 'no spam" in them. I thought that perhaps a filter stopped my email from getting to you. I wonder if I could call you on the...
2
2

What is it? CCII
Set 202 has just been posted: Rob What is it?
30
30

Turning an in-line set of wheels
I'm trying to figure out how to steer an in-line wheel scooter. The wheels must be in line and close together in order to smoothly traverse rough terrain. So far, apparently that's by making the wheel...

Lincoln 185 Tig welder
eBay: http://snipr.com/185Tig

Lathe Stand
Hello folks. I have a Chinese "whoflungdung" 12x36 lathe that came with the standard type cabinet stand, and I'm looking to make a replacement stand that's more sturdy and stable so I don't have to...
8
8

check out Lagun mill
I'm wanting to replace my old 1J Bridgeport with a mill that uses 40 taper tooling. This time around I want to get a mill in very good condition. I found this Lagun FTV-4 at a jockey near me: dealers...
6
6