Subject Author Posted Replies

3 in 1 oil sucks
I just had another plastic "can" of 3 in 1 oil explode all over the place when trying to get the shitty plastic red cap off. The entire red top came off, not the small cap. This isn't the first time....
25
25

New eBay fishing/scamming approach in the works
eBay recently implemented some changes aimed to thwart Romanian second chance offer scammers. (The last scammer that I conversed with 6 months ago, was from Belotesti in Ilfov county, Romania, hence...
13
13

OT- Portable Nuclear Power Plants
Hey Tom, I can't say I follow exactly your equation, but here in Ontario we are in a race (apparently!!) to close the coal-fired power generation plants we have. This has become a hot political...
34
34

European Threat Level Increased
From an Alert Email from a Snake Eater buddy of mine: "I have just been informed through the SF List that the Security Threat Level in Europe HAS BEEN INCREASED. Please read below: European Terror...
12
12

Need more motor help
Unfortunately I'm still having motor problems... I was told this motor had an internal wired capacitor, but when it showed up, the capacitor was obviously external... Not to mention rattling around...
4
4

Airco O/A Welding Tip Substitution?
There are very few welding tips listed on eBay for Airco O/A welders. Will another manufacturer's tips such as Harris or Victor fit this torch? I can't find any model number or anything other than a...
1
1

little idea helped in electrolytic derusting problem
I picked up a little sheet metal roll with 30" rolls recently. It is old and had been neglected. There was rust on the rolls. I disassembled the machine and decided to do electrolytic derusting on the...
4
4

Grizzly DRO on Grizzly square column mill/drill
My lab just got a Grizzly DRO for our mill drill. I haven't had a chance to put it on yet, and was wondering if anyone else had done one, and how well it goes on. I've got a huge pile of work ahead of...
2
2

Steel strengths
I'm doing a bit of research for a story, so let me apologize in advance if this doesn't fit the mandate of your groups. I won't repost if I don't get an answer. Thank you, though, for your time in...
20
20

OT America's Pride lifts
Appears to be little pride involved didn't see the one complaint about them in another forum until after I had sent them money now they don't answer the phone and still no lift awful awful awful...
4
4

putty problems
I just saw your post by chance and wanted to throw in my 2 cents. A sharp chisel or a rigid putty knife and hammer are one way to get that old putty out. These tools need to be sharp and place the...

How the &^%&*&(* is it possible to-
The above is a pic of the hinge piece on the movable part of a translucent RV vent. Got an new identical cover, and tried to replace it. I'll be darned if I can figure out how to get this on. If I...
2
2

OT: Window glazing putty removal tool
I've about 10 or so windows I have to remove the original 30 year old crumbling glazing putty and replace before winter gets here. I've tried a putty knife and only succeded in cracking the glass. I...
11
11

Oxy/acet torch questions
I have just picked up a med duty Victor torch/cutting set and I had some questions... My kit doesn't come with backflow/arresters and I'm wondering if I should worry about using the torch without...
29
29

Applying sledgehammer to computer hard drives
I had a surprising experience recently. I took a couple of hard drives and tried to destroy them with a 8 lb sledgehammer. I put a hard drive on an anvil I hit it with a sledgehammer, expecting part...
49
49