Subject Author Posted Replies

Mystery block- what the heck is it?
Here is something to add to the what the heck is it file. I got it from the machinist's estate I was clearing out a few months ago. It is hardened and ground. Cross drilled for setscrews. The angles...
13
13

Reliable Tools storefront closed !@#$!!!!
Stopped in Friday, hadnt been in that area for a couple months. Big sign on front door, "Ebay Sales Only" Shitshitshitshitshit!!!! Any other surplus tool store fronts in So Cal along RTs line? Gunner
13
13

Plans for 2"x72" Knife Grinder/Sander Released for sale No Welding required
No Weld Grinder/Sander Plans (NWGS) By Tracy Mickley Midwest Knifemakers Supply, LLC These printed plans are for a 2=E2=80=9D x 72=E2=80=9D belt grinder or sand= er. The construction requires no...
2
2

Finished Long Parts Tumbler
Looks nice. What are you planning to tumble in it? Wes
37
37

Type designations for shell end mills
I'm looking for NMTB 50 arbors for several shell end mills I have. Travers and MSC both list arbors for "type C" end mills, and I have another catalog that lists them for type "N" end mills. WHat are...

Crazy thought -- converting 480v drives to 240v
Where can I get a 480 VAC drive for next to nothing? Used? Ebay? Please explain. I think your concept is valid though.
32
32

Round Base for Machine
I am looking for a 12" round base for a machine I am building. The one that is on the prototype appears to be stamped steel piece with a 1" high rounded edge and about 1/8" to 3/16" thick. I need to...
7
7

Truning an MT4 down to an MT3
I'm posting this because the question seems to come around here pretty often about turning a MT taper for tail stock things. A few weeks ago a friend gave me a couple of nice Jacobs 14N ball bearing...
12
12

Painting machine tools
What are y'alls ideas on painting machine tools. Need to paint my lathe but am unwilling to take it apart to do so and also unwilling to spray it in place, so it looks like brush/roller will have to...
4
4

Nite-Ize 3-LED Mini-Mag Upgrade
As I wandered through the sporting good section at Wally World the other day, I broke down and bought the triple LED adaptor for the 2-AA Mini-Mag. I installed it today after seeing how much light the...
17
17

fa - Bausch & Lomb microscope base and binocular head (no lenses)
I was going to make a collar to connect these two pieces together and then search out lenses - but I don't have time or space right now - the through lens illuminator is good for looking closely at...

Where to buy sheet metal for small craft project
HI I need small pieces of sheet metal ( copper/Bronze/Tin/Al) for a craft project. Sheets can be as small as 4x6 inch and thin so that they can be cut easily. They dont need to have much structural...
12
12

Model engines
Dunno, for sure. But there ought to be about 1/2 or more of the last generation of NY retirees living there. Bob Swinney I posted this question before, but all replies were erased due to an ISP...
3
3

FA: Mini Bike/Mini Chopper Project 95% done
Moved it around with me, now sitting for about 4+ years. Needs to go to a father/son that will finish it. Lots of custom work done, not much left to finish. Located in Mesa, AZ
1
1

oil country lathe
hi all has anyone any experience with oil country lathes? anyone suggest some good, reliable, heavy duty oil country lathes? anyone had any bad experiences with any manufacturers? please help as am...
22
22