Subject Author Posted Replies

Motor wiring help
Electrical is a big weak point for me... I think I can do what I want with this, but maybe somebody can take a look and see... can just hook the red and black up to a grounded power cord on that and...
12
12

thanks Scott Logan
just wanted to say thanks to Scott Logan for his help with some lathe parts I needed. They arrived today and I installed them, machine works great. Great guy to deal with. Thanks, Craig
1
1

Carbon fiber fabric for heat shield?
I'm looking for something that will not transfer heat very well so something can be brazed on it without significant heat loss. Would carbon fiber stand up to a MAPP torch?
13
13

Electric cars
I have a Jack & Heintz R1 400 amp aircraft generator. I'm going to the Delta steamboat meet near Rio Vista Ca. this weekend and plan to take the generator along to sell it as there are many...
9
9

how'd you get free of the sporge ?
I have noticed that this newsgroup lately is relatively (or totally ? ) free of the sporge that was attacking it a few weeks ago. I am a member of another NG that still gets that crap, and was...
16
16

Welding feet to a compressor tank
I saw something strange on Monday. A big horizontal compressor tank, with nice old blue paint on it. It is a 25 HP reciprocating Dresser LeRoi compressor written off by Fermilab, surplused as "scrap"....
15
15

can someone explain to me about tapered gauge pins?
While such a gauge would be good for a quick check of a hole diameter, it isn't a great way to determine the true diameter due to it's inability to gauge anything but the entrance to the hole, which...
4
4

where to get copper spring for P&W comparator
I posted a while back about this P&W comparator I had picked up - a mechanical device with plus and minus 3 thousandths full scale, and someone said that the usual failure is the copper spring (a...
4
4

Tig Welder for 1/4" thick Aluminum plate?
Hi, I've got a mig welder set up primarily for steel (w CO2/Argon tank), but I've wanted a Tig welder for sometime. Ideally this Tig welder could handle up to 1/4 aluminum plate, although less could...
5
5

NRA knife made in China
'Got my new NRA knife today, which was my gift for starting my membership up after a lapse of maybe 12 years or so, and for paying by credit card. Actually, for re-upping I got a rosewood-handled...
45
45

Mother of all Search Engines
I've played with it a bit and really like the lower noise to signal ratio... Way mo betta than Google! the Mother of all Search engines.... Trust Mamma
3
3

Machinery's Handbook in other languages
I'm trying to locate something along the lines of Machinery's Handbook in languages other than english. In this case, spanish would be the main goal. I've checked the website for the publisher of...
1
1

Van Norman 50V Collets FS
Hi all, Sorry to spam this goup, I am selling 19 Van Norman Collets 50v or "C" style on ebay: 5/32; ; 7/32; 1/4; 5/16; 3/8; 1/2 ;13/32; 7/16; 15/32; 17/32; 9/16; ; 5/8; 21/32; 23/32; 3/4; 25/32; 13/16...

Funny lathe ad
Found this on "Best of Craigslist". I wonder of it comes with patterns? best of craigslist: 1930s Lathe
2
2

Abene Mill pictures
I got this the other day as part of a small sales commission. I dont have it home yet, but am working on getting it moved. Explore Gunner Asch’s 117 photos on Flickr!
24
24